SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

The application "Jaikoz.app" can't be opened.

Hi guys,

the subject is pretty clear. The issue appreared after I updated.

I’ve temporary set “Allow apps downloaded from: anywhere” but it still doesn’t start.

Any hints? Anyone else having this issue?

Regards
at3m

Is the first time you’ve tried it or did it previous work, have you tried downloading it again, what version of OSX are you on ?

Hi,

I’ve tried a bit to debug the issue, i have downloaded multiple times, now I’m sure the App is not corrupt because I managed to start it from my desktop.

The issue only appears when I move it to my Applications!

File permissions are 744 or 766 (can’t remember exatly, at work right now) but it has exec right for my user.

I’m on OS X 10.11.(5?) El Capitan.

If you need further details pls ask.

Thanks!

Are you sure you are copying the while app to /Applications perhaps use finder to compare the contents of the Jaikoz.app package on Desktop and APplications.

Hi and thanks for the fast replies.

I’ve installed Jaikoz on my second Mac and everything it working as it should.

Yes, the App is installed in the /Application folder and only when I copy it there it won’t start, I’ve checked the permission, seem fine.

755 permission for /Applications/Jaikoz.app/Contents/MacOS/Jaikoz

What to check to make it run on my main Mac?

Thanks again!

Hmm I dont really know, if you say it works from the desktop it would seem the problem would be the way you installed it. Did you double click on the downloaded file and then do drag to Applications icon within the installer.

Issue is still there, but the App runs ok on my second Mac, probabily next Software Update or next Jaikoz update will fix the problem, it’s clearly some execution rights as it runs when I start it from the deskop. Error appears only when I drag it to the Application Folder :confused:
Anyway, can be closed.

When you run the installer it should say let you drag it to Applications within the installer itself as part of the installation it should never be installed to Desktop n the first place, so maybe that is the problem.

Hello Paul,
sadly I have the same Problem. A fresh installed MacOS 10.11.6, the last OS that works on my
Mac Mini from 2009. Downloading the latest Jaikoz release 9.1. First I dragged the old Jaikoz 3.8
into the trash and installed the new one by dragging it in the disk image to the app folder.
After that tried to opened it but system says (in german) app can’t be opend.
I might be fine with SongKong too, just checked it, but it’s a different license, or?
Regards
Dirk

Hi, should be no problem.

From Finder, hold down Option Button and select Go menu
Select Library from the list
Go to Logs : Jaikoz
And send me jaikozdebug0-0.log

Hi Paul,
I’ve sent you the file in a pm. But I did it again, throwing rhe old one away, installing the new from .dmg.
Same thing again, can’t open, but it doesn’t appear in the jaikozdebug file, I looked to it again, no difference.
So what you see is the file from working with the old version.
Also in the dmg Jaikoz seemes to have a new icon, the record, but installed looks like the old one, the bug.
Are there hidden files I might need to delete?
Best regards
Dirk

Hi, yes the log looks okay so as you say I think it only shows when Jaikoz working, so it was working then up until

Please try deleting Library:Preferences:settings.jai - that usually fixes these kind of issues

I did, new installation, but now:

Unable to start Jaikoz
java.sql.BathUpdateException: Table/View ‘RELEASEGROUP’ does not exist.

You need to delete database to fix this one.

From Finder, hold down Option Button and select Go menu
Select Library from the list
Go to Preferences : Jaikoz
Delete jaikozdb
Start Jaikoz

Thank you so much for your help Paul,
it’s working!

:slight_smile: