SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

TDRL vs TRDC

It would be handy if Jaikoz could write the date into TDRL (release date) instead of TDRC (recording date), perhaps as an option.

Similarly, for .flac files, if a field such as RELEASEYEAR could be used.

Helium lets me use both fields, so I put the release date into TDRL and only use TDRC for live recordings and such.

Is this possible ?

Hi, if you enable the ID3 View then the Release Year maps to TDRL frame for ID3v24 (Year maps to TDRC) so you can use Jaikoz manual editing features to move/copy files from these two fields, (i.e Edit/Swap)

But there isn’t an option to make Jaikoz write data to TDRL instead of TDRC when matching to MusicBrainz or Discogs. But how is this helpful to you because most applications expect the TDRC to be used as the release year field ?

Yes, I have been manually copying from TDRC into TDRL.

Helium Music Manager has supported both fields as long as I’ve been using it, so the music I’ve tagged manually in the last few years has TDRL set with the release date. I’ve only set TDRC for live recordings to store the performance date.

I’m hoping to use Jaikoz and Musicbrainz to clean up the rest of my collection more automatically. I’d just like to minimize the number of manual steps it takes and still keep using Helium the way I have been.

Thanks

Right, what I mean is what you to use to actually listen to your music ?

I use Helium MM for listening at my pc mostly. It’s an integrated player, database and tagger.

Right, trouble is I dont think any other player uses TDRC in this way, so such an option would not be that useful to most, and certainly wouldnt be enabled by default.