SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Suggestions for Dark Mode

Can you make the lettering actual white instead of this grayish color…my eyes are getting bad and having a more crisp color than dark on dark just makes it harder. Also, you can see from the pic that the lettering for Capitalize each word, Sentence Case, and Title Case are in black and blends in with the dark mode too much.

Dark Mode doesnt usually use bright white, and actually bright white is tiring for the eyes that is why dark mode was invented in first place, you may be better off using the Light mode.

The colours come from the FlatLAF Dark and MacOSDark themes, please see here

That is a known bug - https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/JAIKOZ-1446

Well, other dark modes, in other programs, are brighter and easier to see that doesn’t blend in so much with the dark…just saying!

dark mode other program

Just an example of another program…not trying to be mean about this but I’m sure you can see the difference. The letters are much easier to read…they are white and not a greyish color.

I dont think the text on the toolbar is easier to read, the text in the right hand panel is easier but that is because the font is alot larger. Of all the applications you could have picked you have selected Picard which has the one of the most bizarre user interfaces of any application I have used, so I dont think it is a good application to compare with.

Perhaps looking at a more standard application would give a better comparison.