SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

subscribable AllMusic.com/Rovi access?

it seems as though Rovi provides their data to subscribers. I was wondering if this had been looked at as an option for users to pay for?

I’m not sure how it works exactly, though I have seen a few apps starting to support tagging from the Rovi/Allmusic metadata this way.

I would love to see this feature as well, even if it was something that was offered as an additional optional subscription or paid service. dbpoweramp uses this to tag the cds it rips, but does not support mp3s. Would be really nice to be able to pull all the allmusic.com info and have it save directly into the mp3s.

Is the main aim of these to support tagging of albus not in Musicbrainz/Discogs, or do they provide additional data for albums that already exist in Musicbrainz/Discogs ?

If the former I think matching to these sources is inferior, if only because you don’t get a Musicbrainz Id for your matches that prevents using your songs with any other Musicbrainz enabled application, I also think their api may be more suitable for matching CD’s rather than a collection of Mp3s. Matching CD’s is much easier than matching mp3’s because a discid can be calculated for a CD.

I would really rather concentrate on increasing the number of releases in Musicbrainz, then all these other sources would not be needed.

They provide additional information. Not only do you have the base genres like you do in the other services, but they also have reviews, styles, and moods. They are also far more complete and accurate than the free services.

I really like musicbrainz, but its information is often limited or incomplete. Discogs I only use as a secondary filler if the main information is already verified off of musicbrainz as i find it often messy and inaccurate.

I definitely would prefer if everything was soley available on musicbrainz, unfortunately a lot of stuff I find is not available. If I have the original CD then I will typically submit it. For stuff that I did not rip myself, I typically do not as I don’t want to submit anything that I am not 100% sure is exact.

These don’t seem like key bits of information you’d want in your songs, the main purpose of a tagger is to correctly match your songs and fill in key information such as title, artist, trackno …

Looks like you’ve made a decision, but I’ll throw my vote in there.

These don’t seem like key bits of information you’d want in your songs, the main purpose of a tagger is to correctly match your songs and fill in key information such as title, artist, trackno …[/quote]

For me this is information I DO want in my songs. This allows me to use them in players that support these type of tags or genres and helps allow for more smarter playlists. I could then say something like, play songs with X instruments, and Y mood, in Z style, along with A year, etc.

Okay, lets just say I’ll look into it but its not my top priority.