SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Sub Folder Import Issue

Hi, I’ve been trying out Jaikoz AT and I love what it does…EXCEPT that I’m unable to save my ID3 changes due to the way the files seem to be imported.

Here’s how I’m operating:

1. I find a playlist in my Media Player that I’d like to update tags for.
  2. I drag this from the MP GUI over to the JAT GUI.
  3. The mp3’s appear to import fine and all of the current tag data is shown.
  4. I do an auto-update and get appropriate updates for my files.
  5. I press save, but only the first file in the group is able to save properly.
  6. I investigate the file paths listed in JAT.
  7. The ‘sub-path’ in JAT is the same for all files (uses the sub-path from the first file.)

Other details:

1. My MP is J-River Media Center.
  2. I’ve tried dragging both regular playlists, smart playlists, and selecting individual files. All methods have the same result.
  3. I have also tried saving a playlist to the desktop and dragging/dropping from there, but no files are imported at all this way.
  4. Importing the files through the JAT interface isn’t really an option for me, as I’ve already meticulously tagged many of my files manually and I don’t want to automatically change any of these, so I use smart lists to gather up files that still need to be properly tagged.

Is there some setting that I’m missing? JAT obviously can read the playlist okay, since it finds all of the files in order to read their ID3 tags.
I really like the results I’ve gotten with my tests of JAT, but it’s obviously of no practical use if I can’t save my changes.

Thanks a bunch,
JB

Hi

Jaikoz doesnt support opening playlists (yet) although it is high priority so I am a bit confused about what you are seeing. Please send me your support files using Action/Create Support Files so I can take afrther look.

I’ve sent the support files to the email address indicated on the support file generation prompt. Apologies on the delay.
-JB

Support Files v2.0 sent to your email receiver.

Ok I can see the problem now , as I said before Jaikoz doesnt support dropping of playlists, but JMC doesnt actually provide a playlist instead if provides a list of files which is why they are accepted. But Jaikoz expects all the files to be in the same folder because using apps such as Windows Explorer or Finder you can’t select multiple files unless they are in the same folder. I’ve now resolved the issue for new release, this may help with similar problems with dragging files from other applications.

Paul

Fixed in Jaikoz 2.8

Hi Paul,
I’m just stopping by to report that this issue has reappeared in v3.2.1.
I’ve emailed in my support files. I did notice another thread which mentioned an issue with sub-folders, but I wasn’t sure if that was related or if the fix you mentioned there had actually been released yet.

Regards,
Jonathan

Hi

Are you sure about this, the last reference I could find to this in the logs is only for mpc,mid and wav files, and none of these formats are supported by Jaikoz

Paul

I am sure. I’ve verified with a new set of files in v3.2.2.
I un-installed 3.2.2 and reinstalled v3.1 and everything works as expected again. I can send another log file if it will be useful.

Hi,

Actually there appears to be a problem with dragging and dropping files fullstop. Because JMC doesn’t use a proper playlist format it is as if you are dropping and dragging the files themseleves, and Ive found a bug to do with saving files loaded using the drag and drop method.

Looking at this as top priority bug.

This problems is fixed in Jaikoz 3.3.0

3.3.1 works great. Thanks for the fix!

Also, I have already re-ripped the problematic file that you emailed me about, so I am unable to send you the damaged one. Sorry I didn’t get back to you about that quicker.

-Jon