SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Strange new album titles

Hi,

I noticed strange new album titles in some albums. They contain the album artists. So instead of “Fantasie & Delusions” it reads “Joel:Fantasie & Delusions”. The MB tags are correct and the corresponding recording group has the correct album title in it. Still Songkong does not correct the information. How is that?

Regards
JP

Hi, this is becuase the album has been identified as a classical album and you have the Add Composers to start of Album Title option enabled.

So, if you don’t want this just disable the option. However, if you do want this for Classical albums but don’t consider this a Classical album you can add

f3912e9c-d3a0-3d3d-9984-99f19844b8ec = Fantasies & Delusions

to the Not Classical Release Group List in Preferences:Classical

I would never have thought of that. Thank you so much. Moreover I never would have expected these to be identified as classical in the first place. :slight_smile:

There is nothing in the MusicBrainz database to identify Classical from non - Classical so it is done by identifying charcteristics of the album song, such as classical instruments, multi-part works ectera so some pop albums get caught. But would you consider this Billy Joel album Pop or Classical ?

Brilliant thinking and idea. Never would have thought of that.

Coming to think of it, classical is most likely the better match. I still would not want to have the album title changed but now that I know how to change it, all is perfect. Thanks!