SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Stalls while creating Acoustic ID's

Hi,

So, creating Acoustic ID’s for about 6700 files stalled at file #4276. After a good four hours with no progress, I hit “cancel,” hoping to at least be able to save what ID’s I had generated. Guess not.

Now I just get the spinning blue ball where my mouse pointer should be and a complete inability to browse or manipulate my data in any of Jaikoz’s panels/panes. Sure, I can go into Preferences and change those, and I can pull down all the menus, but everything in them is greyed out. Jaikoz looks fine in the Dock (i.e. no “Application not responding”). Also, I’m tagging files from an external firewire drive, but there’s no evidence that that’s the problem…it’s still mounted and I’m still able to work with other files on that drive.

Is there anything I can do here, or do I have to suck it up and force-quit? How do I prevent this in the future? I don’t want to lose another 24+ hours of work!

Thanks!

Some info:

Jaikoz 2.3.1
Mac OS 10.4.10

===from Terminal===
java version “1.5.0_07”
Java™ 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_07-164)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 1.5.0_07-87, mixed mode, sharing)

There’s an option under Preferences->MusicBrainz->MusicIP

called “Save Acoustic Ids to file as retrieved”.

If this is turned on, you shouldn’t lose the id’s you have retrieved successfully.

It makes each retrieval a bit slower because the changes get commited to disk per retrieval, but it saves hours worth of re-work in your situation.

hope this helps

Save Acoustic Ids to file as retrieved is enabled by default, so hopefully your acoustic ids have been saved anyway. Can you retry the problem fuile and let me know if it hangs again.