SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Split albums will be fixed by the new version?

Yes, I did as you said.

So my reasoning is wrong? Since it fingerprinted almost everything, should it not have THOSE fixed 100% ? I know I have some flac whole album “tracks”.

which report is it, I cant see it, I havent recieved anymore support files since the earlier one.

Yes Im afraid so for two reasons.

1. Just because something has a matching fingerprint in the Acoustid database, there may be no link form the acoustid database to song(s) in the MusicBrainz database. The Acoustid database is significantly larger than the MusicBrainz database because it is created from automatic submissions, whereas the MusicBrainz database is base don manual submissions. Also the track may well be in the MusicBrainz database but something has to link the Acoustid track to the MusicBrainz track.

If the track is only in the Acoustid database can only be used to add the most basic metadata such as title and artist.

1. Acoustic fingerprints only identify song/tracks. But songs can be on multiple albums so to get the right album requires MusicBrainz to have the right album (not the wrong album but with the same track), and then the track needs to be considered based on its existing metadata with other tracks in the same grouping.

It is not simple !

I understand now. A pity… Well, but I am still tempted to run all over again, hoping to have more composers as main folders. Should that happen?
And for now I could fix by hand the ones I find to be split, when listening…
If there is a practical way to localize the ones I care the most, the classical, I could do a bit at a time.

Yes run it again, and you wil see some definite improvement.

But which report show the rerunon on the folder I reuested, I cant see it, I havent recieved anymore support files since the earlier one.

If you have the time, would you make sure of the options and mask I should use? You know it takes days on my fastest computers to go through everything…
Well, the support file message came normally; but that test I did on a slower machine, maybe with some problem. I will try again now (that is on gabriel faure, and creation of the correct folders but in a wrong place).

I reviewed your support files so Report 98 shows it didnt help, but can you try the second test with For songs already Matched set to Rematch

I just tried this rematch only for that faure subfolder; something even crazyer happened: it created again correct (identical) folders, now under the original, but you cannot open (and not even see the arrow) from the left on windows file explorer, but the subfolder is there with the 4 expelled songs, when you open on the rigtht side!

So, to run everything over, should I use all your last suggestion, but with or without acoustic id forced on all??

I cant work out the last test, but thanks for sending it.

So yes, but disable forced acoustid for speedier operation.

I ran on all; has the supp files arrived? I did not see the ok message!

Yes i have received it, not reviewed it yet.

Had a look, it has made some improvements but it cannot match everything.

I suggest you select Browse by Album and then set Matched to Album Filter to Without Full Album Match, then you can see all the albums that SongKong could not match to a MusicBrainz or Discogs album, these are albums you may need to manually edit or use another tool to identify.

Your split albums are likely to be in this list, whereas they are very unlikely to be in the With Full Match Filter. Also worth noting even if your album is not physically split if songs in an album have a different value for albumartist/album then when you view the music in a music player based on metadata they will be shown as different albums. You have shown me albums physically split but Im not sure if these are the only albums you have a problem with when you actually play music, or if you are confusing these albums with albums that are not physically split but have inconsistent album metadata

e.g So its obvious from the screenshot below that the first three albums are all actually one album but SongKong is listing as three albums, we can see the album name is the same so the difference must be the AlbumArtist field.

If you click on one of these albums you can see the folder(s) the songs are currently in.

And if we go into each and look at the data of each album we can see the following values for album artist

1. No AlbumArtist
  2. AlbumArtist = Pepe Romero & Angel Romero & Academy of St Martin in the Fields & N.Marriner
  3. AlbumArtist = Pepe Romero, Academy of St Martin in the Fields, Sir Neville Marriner

If you opened the E:\Music\Pepe Romero & Angel Romero & Academy of St Martin in the Fields & N.Marriner_M. GIULIANI J. RODRIGO (24x96) Pentatone folder with the Edit Songs task and edited the Album Artist field so all songs have the same value then the album would be shown as a single album in SongKongs browse view and more importantly should show as a single album in your music player.

Being pragamatic about this I would recommend scanning the albums and just concentrate on fixing those albums that you actually listen to.

And of course I still have improvements to make to SongKong

Another easy one to spot is when you have the same album listed many times with only one track such as in the ABC (AUDIOPH) Special Sampler - Ultimate Demo Disk album shown in the screenshot below. This almost always means SongKong was unable to match and the Album Artist is incorrectly set to the Artist for each track (and the artist is different for each track)

So this can easily be fixed with Manual Edit for the folder.

Thank you so much!! I will practice this manual edit and use it for the albums I discover to be split while choosing to listen, in the meantime, while I wait for your improvements!!!
I hope the time you spent with me give you new ideas for songkong new versions…
Best
Luis

So I have made a number of changes for SongKong 6.9.4 Mercury released May 29th 2020 to improve SongKong when it cannot do a full MusicBrainz album match, some of these changes should help with your issues.

Also take note that the Browse by Artist/Album and Browse by Album sections of the report now only group songs by the Album Artist . Previously if the Album Artist was missing they would group by the Artist field instead, but this was confusing because it then looked like the album had been split when in fact the issue was that there was no value for Album Artist.

Hello; now I seem to have a worse case, not knowing if an album is actually split or if songs are really missing; how can I try to find missing songs if I do not know in which (wrong) album they would be?
Of course, just artist and composer search did not work; maybe by some tagging info that I do not see?
Is there a “reverse” way to search? if I have the discogs or musicbrainz release known?

Listening these days I found many of those most irritating cases; this example has tracks 8 and 10-13 missing (gounod or danel did not help…):

I think the best thing to do would be install Jaikoz, load your songs and run Reports:List Missing Songs for Albums you can then see Albums that seem to be incomplete. (You can do this with the free Lite version)

11 posts were split to a new topic: Prolem with Installing Jaikoz License