SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Speed with large number of files opened

When you edit records when you have opened a large number of files , roughly more then 5000, the speed goes down dramatically.
I tend to sort on a column, select what I consider junk (for example a genre tag of other or misc) and hit ctrl+d to delete them.
If you do this with a large number of open files this can take several seconds to minutes. Also when the screen appears as updated you can’t do anything for a number of seconds.

I don’t know, but I think this is largely because of the dynamic sorting.
Jaikoz sorts again after every change. If you delete a field the record is moved to it’s new sort location immediately.

Would it be possible to build a (test)version where the colums are only sorted when you click a header? To check if this improves the speed.

I think you are about right there are some technical issues with sorting that I am trying to resolve, but it s proving a thorny issue more compilicated then you might imagine !

V1.11.1: I really like that you apparently managed to turn of the dynamic sorting. The speed when deleting large selections is lightning fast now :slight_smile:

There is one “side effect” A lot of the time, but not always, the deleted text stays visible on the screen until you move your mouse over them.
For me it’s a minor issue for the gain in speed

[quote=ErwinB]V1.11.1: I really like that you apparently managed to turn of the dynamic sorting. The speed when deleting large selections is lightning fast now :slight_smile:

There is one “side effect” A lot of the time, but not always, the deleted text stays visible on the screen until you move your mouse over them.
For me it’s a minor issue for the gain in speed[/quote]

I have tried to minimize ‘Screen painting’ as this takes alot of reource, but it should really update the screen once the deletion of all records has completed so Ill take a look, but as you say this is a minor issue.

This is fixed in Jaikoz 1.11.2