SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Sound Effects Files not being recognised

My problem is that I have a very large sound effects library that, many years ago, I transferred from CDs to iTunes. I now use a library system called Soundly. Unfortunately I appear to have just over 15,000 sound effect clips that have the original CD name and clip, but no other meta data.

Hence the reason for me purchasing your software. I was hoping that I would be able to acoustically ID the clips and then rename them accordingly. So far I’ve not been able to match any of the clips, so some advice would be more than welcome.

(FYI I did have some success using TuneUp! about 10 years ago but that seems to have disappeared now, so it is possible.)

Thanks for your assistance with this

Hi, SongKong uses the MusicBrainz and Discogs databases, and these are databases of music releases, i.e albums, singles ectera, not sounds effects.

I have looked at your results and it has matched a few sounds effect correctly when the sound effects have been release as an album, but in most cases it has not matched them or incorrectly matched them to a particular discogs album - https://www.discogs.com/release/3020946-Various-SFX-Vol-1

So, unfortunately I dont think SongKong is going to be very useful for your particular situation.

Hi Paul and thanks for taking the time to look into this.
I guessed that this maybe the case, I’m probably going to have to re-link using a CSV file or something similar.
Is there any possibility that I can get a refund?
Cheers
Cliff

Seeing as you purchased in good faith and SongKong is not going to be able to do what you want I will refund you later today.

Thankyou for the refund Paul, I really do appreciate your understanding. Good luck in the future.