SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Songs Not Exporting to iTunes

Hi,

Firstly, I just want to say that I love this programme and it’s been invaluable in sorting out my library.

However, at the moment I’m having an issue with the latest version, which has stopped sending songs to iTunes once it’s finished tagging them. It started when I downloaded the beta, and now I’m on the official release but it’s still happening. I’ve got all the preferences set to update iTunes, and I’ve amended the rules in the autocorrector so they resemble what preferences I was using previously, but it’s stopped sending the files over when it does its final save. Sometimes it sends one file - the last one in the list - but never more than one. It’s frustrating, because this is a large part of why I use the programme and no-one else seems to be having this issue so it must be something I’m doing but I can’t see a reason why it won’t work. In the console it even says ‘iTunes has been updated successfully’ so I’m mystified.

Any help gratefully received!

Thanks,
Jess

Hi, best if you could send me your support files (Advanced/Create Support Files)

Do you have iTunes configured to organize files (iTunes/Preferences/Advanced/Keep iTunes Media Folder Organized, because Jaikoz seems unable to find some files that it could at the start of the session.

When you have this option enabled on saving of changes Jaikoz iTunes will move /rename files if their artist/album/title has change, so if you make a subsequent change to the file in the same session in Jaikoz it cant find it it, try disabling this option or let me know if already disabled.

That option is disabled…

Thanks,
Jess

Okay maybe there’s a timing problem

Can you check with Finder many files do you have in your new Ocean Songs folder, and is the original folder now deleted ?

How many songs are listed in the Jaikoz playlist created in iTunes for these songs ?

The Ocean Songs folder has 10 songs in it, and Jaikoz successfully moved it and its contents from Music/Limewire/Ocean Songs to Music/Dirty Three/Ocean Songs and deleted the original folder. However, it didn’t create a playlist in iTunes or send any of the songs over. Previously (since the update) it has been saving the files but not moving them to the Music (base) folder (so they stay as a subfolder of Limewire) and creating a playlist with only one file in.

Anyone else having this issue, in the meantime I’ll review any code changes made in 3.8.0 in this area

I have this issue frequently, but I suspect it’s related to the fact that I’m using windows server to store files. iTunes on Mac doesn’t like to have the files being stored on Windows server.

Interestingly Jaikoz creates tough correct the playlists and in console it confirms that iTunes was correctly updated.

Another related problem I have is that when I export m3u playlist from iTunes, and try to open the playlist in Jaikoz only small number of files are actually opened. When I look at the m3u file itself, all songs are there. This is annoying.

I noticed these problems occure more frequently if I open open over 500 files at a time.

I use force save option to save all opened files.

[quote=Sailor]
Another related problem I have is that when I export m3u playlist from iTunes, and try to open the playlist in Jaikoz only small number of files are actually opened. When I look at the m3u file itself, all songs are there. This is annoying.
.[/quote]
If you send me your support files and the name of the playlist that wasn’t properly opened I can take a further look