SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

SongKong showing files twice in iTunes

Okay so did you do Get Info and did it work as described ?

Perhaps there is a difference between Windows and Apple versions of iTunes. I use Win. The GET INFO doesn’t initiate any action as it only “gets the info” of the track. Displays current data only.

THe first capture is highlighting all files and right clicking on GET INFO
The second capture is what you get when you click GET INFO.

This has always worked for me on windows.

I had a look at your report 85 and I now notice you have it set to use profile Fix Songs, add artwork only so this means its not gong to add hardly any metadata, but I do see there is artwork.

change Fix Songs, add artwork then
and regard to Get Info, what happens when you apply? iTunes adds data?
I have never seen that happen with iTunes and I have used the program for nearly 10 years. Its a static display. Are you checking something else or your program fetches information and fills it in?

Please can you just try it.

i did
those were the screenshots i sent
or was it the

or do you mean change Fix Songs, add artwork
where is that under tabs. if that is the case I will do so

Yes I mean change Fix Songs, add artwork and rerun Fix Songs first because if you dont add any new metadata you cannot expect iTunes to show any new metadata.

Its the Current Profile that you select before starting Fix Songs.

Reran with metadata dropdown engaged
Ran Get Info with all tracks of the latest CD I ripped
Sent you a support file moments ago

Okay I have got it, so does iTunes now display the additional data such as Album Artist ?

I attached a before and after I reran SK.
iTunes cannot find the tracks after I run SK, however, and I have to relocate manually with the popup box (also attached)

Capture3

Heh, we are round in going in circles here !

Looked at your last report, when you selected Fix Songs, add new metadata only without changing existing metadata profile you must have previously set Rename files based on metadata as Yes, for all files so that is why iTunes could not find the files.

You need to set that option to No as previously explained, then all should be okay.

Paul
You have such a facility with the program because you designed it. The instructions from my end are vague at times. Please understand. Even with above: Yes For All Files. I have no idea what that means. I don’t see those words in the dropdown. Do you mean DEFAULT?
Back and forth is clunky–like playing chess with words, but I am trying. I have a few days off so I am attempting to figure it all out.
Thanks again,
Brad

Well yes that is true, however I already explained about rename option earlier in this topic so had hoped you would know what I meant. SongKong is designed to work pretty well with the defaults, but my advice would be not to start modifying options if you don’t understand what they do !

So the profiles are sets of predefined options, configured for different scenarios but you can modify the options and any modifications to the options will be saved to the profile.

You can stick with the profile you currently have selected or choose the Default profile but when you select Fix Songs ensure that Rename files based on metadata is set to No before selecting Start

ran another CD this AM after a new rip. No problems encountered. Will continue to work with program. Thanks, Paul. Uploaded another support file.
Brad

Okay, and is ITunes working correctly ?

yes, at this time no issues. duplicate files didn’t appear.
hopefully, problem solved.
thanks again

Great, so all you have to understand is as long as you don’t have SongKong configured to rename files you can get iTunes to pick up any changes made by SongKong simply by selecting songs and selecting Get Info option, that is all there is to it.