Hello, I am a long time user for the oinstalled on a windows pc. I need to replace my pc to a new one therefore I need to reinstall the song kong. Before migration is there any way to do a backup and restore the old database, settings, file naming templates etc. to a fresh installation ?
Songkong backup and restore settings etc
Hi, you can do this as follows
- On Old PC ensure using latest version of SongKong so that the configuration is compatible with version of SongKong installe don new PC
- On Old PC Zip up contents of the files in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\SongKong, but not the folders just need the files.
- Copy zip folder to New PC
- Install SongKong on New PC
- Start SongKong on New PC (this will create C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\SongKong structure)
- Exit SongKong on New PC
- On New PC extract contents of zip file to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\SongKong
- Start SongKong on New PC
This will preserve your configuration
It is not possible and not necessary to keep old database.
Thanks a lot !
Very fast reply as usual