SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Songkong 9.6 won’t start on Melco N100

Hi
Since I have updated Songkong to version 9.6,I am no longer been able to start songkong on my Melco N100.
When I try to start Songkong from the OLED display, the device says finished but the indicator remains in the position “off”. Idem when I try to start Songkong using the Melco webinterface. Shutting down and rebooting the Melco did not solve the problem.
The Melco is running N100 running software version 4.32 and the Songkong licence is still valid.

Any useful suggestion is warmly welcomed.

adca1

Same problem in my Melco N1. Songkong server does not start after update to 9.6

me the same on n1, service doesn’t start, tried muiltiple reboot, webremote on/off…nothing, don’t work…
No good beeing not gifted…hope it guys resolve in short.
best

Me too. Version 9.6. SongKong service is off and can’t be turned on. Tried restart of Melco N1AEX. No joy. Melco has network access as I can use WebRemote and access shared folders. Also turned my firewall off and deleted the cookies in my browser.

Me too. It worked fine until I hit the update button on the N1. Now, there is no access via the browser. I realized on the Melco, the last lines of the Logs>Songkong>Logs Server file say
Error: Unable to access jarfile lib/songkong-9.5.1.jar

Okay, thanks, unfortunately Melco startup file was not updated correctly in last release, tested installation but I think I must have forgot to check it actually ran okay, working on fix now.

Thanks, my N1A/2EX also has same problem. Hope to see quick fix release soon!

The server log reports the following: SongKong 9.6 installed successfully

This is now fixed.

Since there is no way to uninstall SongKong on the Melco we have released this fix as 9.6.1 so it will replace the broken 9.6 version on Melco.

Thank you Mr. Paul Taylor. 9.6.1 works.

Thank you, i confirm it’s working, very quick and effective.

Kudos

Thank you - all fine now.

Thanks, it is nice to see the developer do really quick fix for users!
Now all fine.

1 Like

please think twice about any update for the Melco community.
We paid a lot of money for a Melco unit and Songkong is an IMPORTANT software for us.

But many Melco users are still only using the Melco Lite license, if it is important you should consider upgrading to full Melco license - https://www.jthink.net/songkongformelco/buy.jsp

Thanks. Appreciate the hands on support.