SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Slow to load library

I am a new Jaikoz user. It does a fantastic job. - Currently using 4.0.0 NGS Beta.

One area that I think that could be improved is to avoid loading the entire library when it starts. Currently I have 5800 songs and my library is still growing. I find it excruciatingly slow to load on startup and slow on save operations as well.

I have also noticed that after an 'auto correct operation, it seems to hang at the last song.

Perhaps 500 songs could be loaded and processed at a time and saved.
Just and idea.

Discogs complains that over 5000 songs have been submitted from my IP address, and that maximum limit has been exceeded, to retry after 24 hrs. Again, small batches could be submitted to Discogs.

Hoo boy, loading your entire library is usually a bad idea. Especially since most Jaikoz users are Jaikoz users because of their large collections. Personally, I’m over 130,000 tracks and an autoload would just crash everything.

You can turn off the autoload under Prefs->General->Base Folder->uncheck “Load from this folder on startup”.

I usually only fix albums as I get them, with the exception of the occasional spring cleaning where I’ll run only a few thousand tracks at a time. I think you should consider Jaikoz a “fix n’ forget” tool and not as an “ongoing maintenance” tool for your collection.