SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Several Problems/Bugs with jaikoz 7.1.1

A friend recommended me jaikoz and I just tried it out, but there seems to be a few issues (jaikoz 7.1.1):

• I don’t know if that’s by purpose, but if I select several files, often it doesn’t recognize neither artist nor title of the files (or only of a few of them) using autocorrect. If I use autocorrect on only one file at a time it recognizes all of them.

• I’ve got certain files, jaikoz seems not to recognize them. It says it adds them, but at the end all the tables are empty. (see attached file jaikoz1.txt. there I tried to add only one of the files).

• It seems like Jaikoz has some problems finding a certain image classes. Mostly that doesn’t matter, but sometimes the whole application crashes because of that (I think when I use manual correct from musicbrainz, but i’m not completely sure, since it doesn’t seem to happen all the time).

If it’s from importance, I’m using debian linux testing with java version:
openjdk version “1.8.0_40-internal”
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_40-internal-b04)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.40-b08, mixed mode)

05/10/2014 21.37.38:com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.autoformat.Capitalizer$WordAtStartRule:replace:FINEST: WordStartRule:production
05/10/2014 21.37.38:com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.autoformat.Capitalizer$WordAtStartRule:replace:FINEST: WordStartRule:romantic
05/10/2014 21.37.38:com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.ReplaceRecordGUI:updateOnly:FINEST: Started ReplaceRecordGUI:updateOnly
05/10/2014 21.37.38:com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.matchinghelper.ReleaseCache:getReleaseFromDatabase:FINEST: Unmarshalled releaseThe Complete Classical Collection
05/10/2014 21.37.40:com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.Analyser:waitForWorkers:WARNING: Worker:1:Exception:Could not initialize class com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReader
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReader
at com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg.JPEGImageReaderSpi.createReaderInstance(JPEGImageReaderSpi.java:85)
at javax.imageio.spi.ImageReaderSpi.createReaderInstance(ImageReaderSpi.java:320)
at javax.imageio.ImageIO$ImageReaderIterator.next(ImageIO.java:529)
at javax.imageio.ImageIO$ImageReaderIterator.next(ImageIO.java:513)
at javax.imageio.ImageIO.read(ImageIO.java:1443)
at javax.imageio.ImageIO.read(ImageIO.java:1352)
at com.jthink.jaikoz.celldata.ImageData.readSynchronized(ImageData.java:123)
at com.jthink.jaikoz.celldata.ImageData.(ImageData.java:273)
at com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.matchinghelper.RemoteArtworkLookup.getDirectImage(RemoteArtworkLookup.java:406)
at com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.matchinghelper.RemoteArtworkLookup.add(RemoteArtworkLookup.java:94)
at com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.matchinghelper.RemoteArtworkLookup.get(RemoteArtworkLookup.java:168)
at com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.musicbrainzhelper.MusicBrainzUpdateSong.lookupCoverArchiveArtwork(MusicBrainzUpdateSong.java:2074)
at com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.musicbrainzhelper.MusicBrainzUpdateSong.lookupCoverArchiveArtworkFromReleaseOrReleasesWithinSameReleaseGroup(MusicBrainzUpdateSong.java:2090)
at com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.musicbrainzhelper.MusicBrainzUpdateSong.updateTagFromMusicBrainz(MusicBrainzUpdateSong.java:1863)
at com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.CorrectFromMusicBrainzBySongWorker.metadataOrAcoustIdMatch(CorrectFromMusicBrainzBySongWorker.java:336)
at com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.CorrectFromMusicBrainzBySongWorker.call(CorrectFromMusicBrainzBySongWorker.java:130)
at com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.CorrectFromMusicBrainzBySongWorker.call(CorrectFromMusicBrainzBySongWorker.java:36)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Jaikoz is a release based tagger, so for example given a folder (or a number of files in a folder) it will try to match all the songs to one specific album. Depending on what options you have configured if it fails to match al the songs in a folder to one album it then decides to update done of them, to keep integrity

If you just ask it to match one file within this folder then thsi constraint does not apply so a match is more likely.

I always suggest when giving Jaikoz a try you give it a decent sample so you can see how it works,you may also want to try the easier to use SongKong. For your particular case you could also check to see if Preferences:Remote Correct:Match:Only Match Complete Releases is enabled and if it is then disable it.
[/quote]

I don’t really follow, perhaps you could send me a screenshot.

Yes this seems to be because you are using OpenJdk rather than Oracles official Java 8. Certainly on Ubuntu you can install the official version as follows

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/java
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install oracle-java8-installer

[quote=paultaylor][quote=RMM]

• I don’t know if that’s by purpose, but if I select several files, often it doesn’t recognize neither artist nor title of the files (or only of a few of them) using autocorrect. If I use autocorrect on only one file at a time it recognizes all of them.
    [/quote]
    Jaikoz is a release based tagger, so for example given a folder (or a number of files in a folder) it will try to match all the songs to one specific album. Depending on what options you have configured if it fails to match al the songs in a folder to one album it then decides to update done of them, to keep integrity

If you just ask it to match one file within this folder then thsi constraint does not apply so a match is more likely.

I always suggest when giving Jaikoz a try you give it a decent sample so you can see how it works,you may also want to try the easier to use SongKong. For your particular case you could also check to see if Preferences:Remote Correct:Match:Only Match Complete Releases is enabled and if it is then disable it.
[/quote]
[/quote]
the “only match complete releases” option is not checked.
If it doesn’t find a complete release, shouldn’t it fallback to find single files? (I’ve chosen about 5 files which aren’t from the same release, at least not a release musicbrainz knows, and it managed to match 3 files to different releases, but 2 files to nothing. Only if I selected them one at a time, it also matched them…
In general I order my files based on genres, not releases. Does that mean Jaikoz wouldn’t work for me? (I’m not going to select thousands of files one a at time)

I attached two screenshots. I added a whole folder, and the first screenshots shows jaikoz saying it’s going to add 25 files.
In the second screenshot you see the result, not a single file is added.
The files are all mp3 which any mp3 player and/or tagger could play so far. In my previous message you see the debug log created, when adding only one of the files, which also results in that it wouldn’t be added.

ok that’s bad luck, since there’s no way that i’m going to install the vm of oracle. Since I’m developing under openjdk which is also used by all of my customers (And usually any java program is able to run with that, jaikoz is the first program i’m having troubles with)… and it’s also the default java used by debian (debian doesn’t offer a package for the oracle vm) and by the way it’s the reference implementation on which the oracle java is based…
I wouldn’t mind if the program wouldn’t crash because of that sometimes (the autocorrecter also seems to throw that error, but doesn’t let crash the whole program)

I couldn’t add the attachments (I had to remove them), I got following error message in the browser:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.NullPointerException
\tnet.jforum.JForumExecutionContext.enableRollback(JForumExecutionContext.java:272)
\tnet.jforum.JForum.service(JForum.java:209)
\tjavax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
\tnet.jforum.util.legacy.clickstream.ClickstreamFilter.doFilter(ClickstreamFilter.java:59)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/7.0.30 logs.
Apache Tomcat/7.0.30

I try to add them again with this message here, let’s see if it works…

Edit: no I can’t add them. I always get the same message. It would be 2 .png files, each about 100kb big…

Please just email them to support at jthink.net then