SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Several issues when updating library

Hi,

I bought jaikoz yesterday because it looked like a great way of finally cleaning up my 8000+ songs music collection. Unfortunately I ran into several issues (using version 3.2.2)

1. Opening the files jaikoz tells me first that there are 9000 files but acutally opens (i.e. counts up to) 19000 files

2. applying the auto-correction leads to jaikoz stopping after appr. 500 songs (the log file says that it stopped after it couldnt find the accoustic id for two songs). Only working option for me is to manually choose 100 files of the collection and initiated the auto correction process just for these files…

3. Jaikoz deleted a fair share of my mp3s by marking them as duplicates. The truth is that several files (luckily I have a backup) got deleted even if there was no duplicate file (large scale problem ~1000 files affected)

all in all I have to say that I expected jaikoz to do better. I spent three frustrating hours fiddling around with the programm and no valuable result :frowning:

Thanks for your help
r

Never seen this before, please send your logs files using Advanced/Create Support Files to support at jthink dot net

I need to see the logs :slight_smile:

They are marked as duplicate if they have the same Musicbrainz Id as another, I’m not aware of any issues with this. By default Jaikoz doesn’t run Delete Duplicates, nor does it save changes without your say so . I would always advice trying a new program on a small set of testdata to check you are happy with it before jumping straight on

[quote=rastaplan]
all in all I have to say that I expected jaikoz to do better. I spent three frustrating hours fiddling around with the programm and no valuable result :-([/quote]
I’m sorry you are having problems, it might be a misunderstanding on your part or bugs that I’m unaware of, but please send me the logs so I can get this sorted out.