SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Seeking help with file renaming mask

I need help. I just want to create a renaming mask that will rename both the directory and the filename. I’ll admit I gave up on Jaikoz because I don’t understand the java syntax. Which, is silly because Jaikoz is the best tag manager out there.

So, I have renewed my license and am giving it another go. I just need help or someone to write a rename mask based on my examples below. I am appreciative for any help and at in awe of people that can right java syntax.

Much gratitude.

Here’s some starting thoughts:

I would like to save all multidisc releases without separate disc folders and number all tracks as one big collection starting at number 01.

I’m assuming ext is automatic, though am including for clarity of my thought process.

Here’s what I want to do:

Single Artist Album

Sort Album Artist/Sort Album/Track No[space]–[space]Title.ext

The FLAC file: “War is coming” track 1 on the album Platinum Jazz by the band War.

War/Platinum Jazz/01 – War Is Coming.flac

Multi-disc

The FLAC file: “New Riverside Blues” track 5 on Disc 2 on the album Fantasy Blues Finds by Robert Johnson. (Note: Disc 1 has 17 tracks).

Johnson, Robert/Fantasy Blues Finds/22 – New Riverside Blues.flac

Compilation

Sort Album Artist/Sort Album/Track No[space]–[space]Artists[space]–[space]Title.ext

The FLAC file: “No Time Like The Right Time” by the Blues Project, track 7, Disc 1 on the compilation Nuggets: Original Artyfacts from the First Psychedelic Era, 1965–1968

Multi-disc

Various Artists/Nuggets Original Artyfacts from the First Psychedelic Era, 1965-1968/07[space]-[space]The Blue Project[space]-[space]No Time Like The Right Time.flac

The FLAC file: “She’s My Baby” by the Mojo Men track 23 on Disc 3 on the compilation Nuggets: Original… 1968. (Note: Disc 1 has 27 tracks. Disc 2 has 31 tracks).

Various Artists/Nuggets Original… 1968/81[space]-[space]Mojo Men[space]-[space]She’s My Baby.flac

Okay, first thing to note is Jaikoz splits rename masks into:

1. File Rename Mask
  2. Compilation File Rename Mask

these can be modified at Preferences:File and Folder Correct:Rename File from Metadata, affect the Filename field and run as Action:File and Folder Correct:Correct Filenames from Metadata

1. Sub Folder Rename Mask
  2. Compilation Sub Folder Rename Mask

these can be modified at Preferences:File and Folder Correct:Rename Folder from Metadata, affect the SubFolder field and run as Action:File and Folder Correct:Correct SubFolders from Metadata

We do plan to add some preset masks like we do in SongKong but in the meantime I will try and create the four rename masks required.

File Rename Mask

singledisctrackno+ ' - ' + title

Note singledisctrackno labels songs from 1 as if a single disc

Compilation File Rename Mask

singledisctrackno+ ' - ' + artist + ' - ' + title

Sub Folder Rename Mask

albumartistsort + folderseparator + album

(Note I haven’t use albumsort field because this is not automatically completed by Jaikoz so is usually empty)

Compilation Sub Folder Rename Mask

albumartistsort + folderseparator + album

Hope this helps, may have to make further adjustments once you have tried it.

Thank you!

I will give it a try.