SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Scan - Recognize Mask - Create Mask from Result

Hello. I would like to know if there is currently a way to have Jaikoz or SongKong recognize a naming convention or rename mask for directories and filenames.

If this function doesn’t already exist in either program, I’d like to request this functionality be considered for implementation into a future patch/update. ( I can’t seem to find anything like this in preferences)

For instance:

1. I used Jaikoz to rename a specific music directory and it’s files according to a custom rename mask.
  2. I no longer have access to the same rename mask for whatever reason.
  3. I would like to be able to open Jaikoz or SongKong and scan that same directory/file and have it recognize the naming mask for that directory/file.
  4. Create new rename mask based on what was recognized in the previous scan.

In my mind it doesn’t seem like a big ask, but then again I am not the developer. This would also help immensely if users happen to lose their mask configuration files somehow - whether it is because of a reinstall or a new computer being used.
I can imagine quite a few users would find this useful.

Thanks! Happy holidays! Stay safe.

Actually would be impossible to do that reliably. For example if two variables have the same value for a song (e.g artist and album artist in many cases) how would we know from looking at filename which variable was used.

Sorry, but I think better to just not lose your filename mask.