SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Saving Album Art from Discogs destroys OGG/Vorbis files

After updating tags from Discogs and saving ogg vorbis files, files with updated album art will not play anymore.
Moreover, Jaikoz will open these files with correct tags but can not save them anymore after changing something

Wow. I have just paid for this app based on the fact that I could at least grab lyrics and it seemed more intuitive than Picard.

There are quite a few strange bugs I have noticed after only one day of use.

Destructive tag editing is not good. :oops:

Not aware of these problems, can we have some support files (Advanced/Support Files) and examples files please.

Hi Paul

Sorry, cannot provide you with support files this week

You can download example files here: http://imgjam.com/torrents/album/225/2225/2225-ogg3.torrent/Revolution%20Void%20-%20Increase%20the%20Dosage%20–%20Jamendo%20-%20OGG%20Vorbis%20q7%20-%202006.06.21%20%5Bwww.jamendo.com%5D.torrent (jamendo torrent, Creative Commons licensed)

To reproduce the error do the following steps (with factory default preferences):

1. Select all files
  2. Auto Correct
  3. Remote Correct -> Retrieve Acoustic IDs
  4. Remote Correct -> AutoCorrect Tags from MusicBrainz
  5. Remote Correct -> Update Tags from Discogs
  6. Save

The files save fine but are now destroyed, they will not play in WMP anymore

… This was my workflow for 15000+ ogg files from which 4000 were broken. Glad I had a backup.

1. Do a random tag change on any of these files
  2. Save

Error: Oggs header could not be found. Not an Ogg stream.

Could you reproduce the behaviour ?
Do you need additional Support Files ?

Right now Jaikoz is totally useless for my use case. My media library consists of 80% ogg files of which an unacceptable part gets corrupted based on Musicbrainz or Discogs content. Musicbranz and Discogs may change their info without notice, meaning files that work today may get corrupted tomorrow. Jaikoz should verify that the tags it writes to files are within file format specifications.

Hi, Ive replicated the problem and trying to identify the issue

Ok, there is a particular save path that can cause this to happen, now fixed and I will release either a new release or patch later today.