SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Saving a pre-defined set of tags to file

Hi Paul, everyone,

I am currently looking at SongKong and Jaikoz but think Jaikoz would be my choice as I would like more control over my music collection.

I wanted to check - is it possible to save a set of pre-defined tags (of my choosing) and do this without using the match function?

I am using dBpoweramp to rip my CDs but the above would be more for hi-res stuff from Qobuz etc which only have the basic meta fat in the files. dBpoweramp has a feature called Tag Update encoder which does this but would like to be able to use Jaikoz for this if possible.

Many thanks!

Nubben

If I have understood you right yes you can configure to update a subset of fields, i.e update album, artust but not label or composer.

Hi Paul, many thanks for your reply.

Just so that you get the complete picture - I would like to rip my CDs with bare minimum fields - artist, album - and then in the tagger click a button to apply a set of empty tags to the files - label, cat no etc. Then I would fill these in on a release by release basis.

Would that work? If I understand you correctly the answer is yes?

Many thanks

There is no point adding empty fields to a file, but yes you can configure which fields are added automatically, and yo can also choose the fields displayed within Jaikoz and manually edit those fields.

So I don’t see any problem.

Perfect many thanks Paul.

Just one final question - will I be able to configure this to show fields which I use for Roon such as the PERSONNEL field?

[quote=Nubben]Perfect many thanks Paul.

Just one final question - will I be able to configure this to show fields which I use for Roon such as the PERSONNEL field?[/quote]
We support most fields but we do’nt currently support the Roon specific PERSONEL field. However as it doesnt look like Roon are going to support the standard PERFORMER field, and because more and more customers are finding SongKong and Jaikoz very useful for prepopulating their metadata before Roon import we plan to add support for this field in the near future.

Thanks Paul!