SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

"Revert to Saved"

“Revert to Saved” file menu option is not working as I expect.

I expect Jaikoz to re-read file tags from disc, but it does not. In other words, for me “Revert to Saved” really should be “Re-read from Disc”, but it is not. Perhaps I don’t understand what “Saved” refers to.

Here’s from the online manual:
http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/help/windows/ch05s06.html#RevertToSaved

“Saved” changes are in my mind basically what I have on disc in the track tags.

So for example after loading a folder from disc, update tracks in an external (non-Jaikoz) app – dBpoweramp, Helium Music Manager, etc. Then back in Jaikoz, I choose “Revert to Saved”. I expect to see the most recent track details that I updated from the other app.

I don’t.

I’ve also tried to empty the jaikoz cache, then “Revert to Saved”, thinking that this would force a re-read from disc. It does not.

So the only way to get what I expect is to close all files, and then re-load the folder.

Is this as intended?

No Revert to Saved means revert to the file details as they were when loaded into Jaikoz

i.e

Start jaikoz
Modify two fields
Revert to Saved, reverts those two fields

I dont think generally its a good idea to be editing the file with two different applications at the same time. If you were to reopen the file in Jaikoz it would recognise it has been modified by another application and update accordingly