SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

retrieve acoustic ids makes tags unreadable by certain programs?

It seems that after retrieving acoustic ids for a track in Jaikoz if I load the track into Picard (tagging software from MusicBrainz) it can’t read the artist or album tags anymore. These were tags that were there but now they appear blank. It appears that retrieving the acoustic ids itself (even without saving) modifies the file. I assume it may leave it in a valid format but for some reason Picard can’t understand it. I would be concerned that other programs may not be able to read the tags either although iTunes seems to still understand them ok… ideas about why this is happening?

Btw, the reason I’m interested in retrieving acoustic ids without doing a full auto-correct is that I would like to do the rest of the process more selectively.

[quote=jrw]It appears that retrieving the acoustic ids itself (even without saving) modifies the file.
[/quote]
By default, when acoustic ids are retrieved they are automatically saved to the file. This is because the Acoustic Id is always correct, it doesnt require checking and means that if there is a system crash the acoustic ids will not need to be reanalysed.

I’m sure this is a problem with Picard, you havent told me what file format you are having the problem with. But Im guessing it is mp4 because this format is not properly documeneted and has alot of variations. It would be best if you could email me an example of one of these problem files, and I can raise a problem with Musicbrainz as neccessary.

Thats fine, all the tasks that are in the Autocorrecter can be run seperately.