SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

[REQ] Add an option to remove "Featured Artist" from the Artist field.

I would like to see an option to remove the “Featured artist” from the main artist field or an option to replace Artist with Album Artist, or even add an option to change the main artist to the “released by” artist from MB…

Reason #1:
I have an audio deck in my car that allows me to “Play more from this artist” … Using the example below, If I were to pick any one of those songs, it would not load any others because all the Artist names are unique.

Reason #2:
I have a few devices (and i’m sure a lot of other people as well) that rely on the Artist field to sort music. When you cue up a bunch of songs from the “same” artist, you now have hundreds of artists instead of just the main (album) Artist.

Example:

Related Release information:

https://musicbrainz.org/release/56a006b0-e615-314b-9b45-86455f0d757b

Armin Van Buuren
Armin Van Buuren Feat. Audrey Gallagher
Armin Van Buuren Feat. Sharon Den Adel
Armin Van Buuren Feat. Jacqueline Govaert
Armin Van Buuren Feat. Cathy Burton
Armin Van Buuren Feat. Vera Ostrova
Armin Van Buuren Feat. Jennifer Rene
Armin Van Buuren and DJ Shah Feat. Chris Jones
Armin Van Buuren Feat. Jaren

As you can tell, just from loading one album from one album artist, you get to see nine new artist!

Paul just released a version of SK that has this feature and he is currently working on fine tuning it. He has said in the past that he would incorporate new features of sk into jaikoz, so I would assume we will be seeing it there at some point.

Yes please see http://blog.jthink.net/2014/07/featured-artists-option-now-working-in.html the intention is to add to Jaikoz as well http://jthink.net:8081/browse/JAIKOZ-774

Thanks for the reply! I look forward to this… :slight_smile:

Apologies for opening an old post but I was thinking about Jaikoz wishlist features and it fits this thread, but not quite the solution.

I use XBMC/Kodi to play my media and I have the multiple artist separator set as " / " (no quotes). Therefore if I select an artist I can see everything they have done including whether they were just a featured artist.

Usually once I have auto tagged all my tracks I than have to go back and replace any with " and " or " & " or “feat” or ", " etc with " / " where there are more than one artist.

In the past I’ve ended up doing this on Mp3Tag as I could filter to any Artist, Album Artist or track title having the above characters, and then use replace functions. However there is no way of knowing whether the artist actually has an " and " (e.g. Tegan and Sara) in the name or whether it’s two artists so there is still a lot of manual checking of discogs and other sources to make sure i am splitting correctly.

Is there a way on Jaikoz to automatically use " / " to separate artists and album artists where there is more than one artist, and also preferably be able to do the same where a title has feat. moving the featured artist into the artist field after a " / "?