SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Reproducible off-by-one in 2.6.0 and up (possibly earlier versions also)

I’m trying to track down what I am pretty certain is an off-by-one.

I’ve managed to reproduce incorrect artist and/or album artist tags and watched jaikoz submit the incorrect tags to musicbrainz - they always are the same song title and album title as the correct match, but the artist is the same as the previous “compilation” album’s artist until there is a new non-compilation artist.

Example I can think of at the moment

Offending artist name : The Immortals
found on compilation disc: Mortal Kombat: The Album
Song: Techno Syndrome (Mortal Kombat)

following this song, it marked every single Drowning Pool album I have (immediate next artist) as album artist, artist: The Immortals

Additionally, it marked all of those albums as compilations.

I had previously looked up my drowning pool albums with jaikoz and they came up fine. jaikoz submitted them all incorrectly, if you look at the edits on my musicbrainz account.

this is a link to this specific edit but it does not show you that it submitted it with a different artist ID: http://musicbrainz.org/show/edit/?editid=9754417

This album was definitely correct when I loaded only the drowning pool albums in my collection and checked them prior to this date.

If this doesn’t prove to be immediately useful in tracking down the bug I would happily try to reproduce it prior to 2.6.0, but prior to that I had never had any of my music end up making any autoedits whatsoever, with either jaikoz or picard - check the edit history on my account.

Thanks for reporting this I will rexamine the code.