SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Renaming/tagging false tagged files

I want to rename and retag charts.
There is a folder with 100 mp3s and the ID3 tag for the album is e.g. “Charts TOP100”.

In all my scenarios with different settings these ID3 tags were not changed and not moved to the folder i specified.

Is there a way that these files get a new ID3 tag with the actual album of the artist?

So usually SongKong tries to match songs in same folder to one album, and if cannot match all songs to one album then only the song only information is added (such as Title) but not album info (such as album or trackno). And because it is not matched to an album if you have Move Matched Folder set it will have no effect because not fully matched.

If it is clearly not one album, e.g a single folder than with 1000’s of files then it does stick to this, but a folder with 100 songs its not clear. But you can temporarily allow SongKong to split this folder up by disabling Only allow match if all songs in grouping match to one album on the match tab, but I wouldn’t recommend disabling this in normal use. I can help you more if first of all before you anything else you run Create Support Files from the Help menu.