SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

[RENAMED] Musicbrainz encoding/permissions problem?

Hello, I have been all day updating my music collection, using the MB autocorrection. Since some minutes ago, I cannot get accurate info from MB and the log is full of entries like this for each song I try to update:

Feb 9, 2010 2:48:58 AM: SEVERE: There was a problem submitting a query to MusicBrainz for
Record Number 0 with filename 01 Die Zauberfl?te, K. 620_ Ouverture.flac: Error:403

In debug log:

09/02/2010 03.36.58:com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.musicbrainzhelper.MusicBrainzServerQuery:doQuery:SEVERE: 
URL:http://musicbrainz.org/ws/1/artist/b972f589-fb0e-474e-b64a-803b0364fa75?type=xml&inc=aliases tags failed with error code:403
09/02/2010 03.36.58:com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.musicbrainzhelper.MusicBrainzServerQuery:doQuery:SEVERE: 
URL:http://musicbrainz.org/ws/1/artist/b972f589-fb0e-474e-b64a-803b0364fa75?type=xml&inc=aliases+tags encoded value
09/02/2010 03.36.58:com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.UpdateTagFromExistingMusicBrainzIdsWorkerThread:analyse:SEVERE:
There was a problem submitting a query to MusicBrainz for Record Number 0 with filename 01 Die Zauberfl?te, K. 620_ Ouverture.flac: Error:403
com.jthink.jaikoz.exception.InvalidMusicBrainzQueryException: Error:403
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.musicbrainzhelper.MusicBrainzServerQuery.doQuery(MusicBrainzServerQuery.java:258)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.musicbrainzhelper.MusicBrainzServerQuery.performQuery(MusicBrainzServerQuery.java:153)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.musicbrainzhelper.MusicBrainzRESTQuery.getMusicBrainzArtistById(MusicBrainzRESTQuery.java:652)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.musicbrainzhelper.MusicBrainzRESTQuery.updateTagFromMusicBrainz(MusicBrainzRESTQuery.java:2219)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.musicbrainzhelper.MusicBrainzRESTQuery.updateFromExistingMusicBrainzId(MusicBrainzRESTQuery.java:154)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.UpdateTagFromExistingMusicBrainzIdsWorkerThread.analyse(UpdateTagFromExistingMusicBrainzIdsWorkerThread.java:46)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.AutoCorrecterSongBySongAnalyser$WorkerThread$AnalyseSong.call(AutoCorrecterSongBySongAnalyser.java:266)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.AutoCorrecterSongBySongAnalyser$WorkerThread$AnalyseSong.call(AutoCorrecterSongBySongAnalyser.java:243)
\tat java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
\tat java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
\tat java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
\tat java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
\tat java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)

Any ideas?

After some more research, this is only happening with all my Mozart songs, which is very weird. Trying to get results with any other artist works fine.

Might this be related with some kind of encoding of the MB query from Jaikoz?

I think there was something on the Musicbrainz irc channel about requested calls for Mozart overloading the server because of the number of releases that Mozart had, I wonder if that was you.

I’ll have to find out what exactly the problem was and what they did about it

I understand what they mean by Mozart calls overloading the server. For instance, when you load the MB web page for adding a new release and Mozart is the artist, the wizard will show you all the releases from the same artist that contain the same number of tracks. It can load each time the full info of some 300 albums. They should redesign that.

Anyway, restricting the API while at the same time you can use the website is very weird (if that is the case).

I highly doubt it was caused by me, cause I only have like 15 Mozart albums xD