SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Rename Sub Folder from tags - Fails with multiple trailing dots (pseudo-elipse)

I’m having problems using rename sub-folders from tags for an ablums that ends with “…” using the pattern “%H%Z%B”.

Trailing dots are apparently not generally legal for Windows folders. Commands like mkdir implicitly trim them off and succeed. I did manage to create some with mkdir using weird backslash syntax, etc. But then cmd.exe, explorer, etc can’t even access or delete the directory right (now I need to find a tool that can delete them).

Jaikoz appears to handle a single trailing dot semi-incorrectly and multiple trailing dots is fatal.

For the single dot case “SomeAlbumName.”; the save operation succeeds although the actual directory created is “SomeAlbumName” with no dot. Everything seems fine unless you re-load the file and rerun correct sub-folders from tags. Jaikoz thinks the file needs updating to fix the missing “.” (unlike other illegal filename characters which Jaikoz seems to properly exclude when correcting sub-dir from tags).

The multiple dot case “SomeAlbumName…” is fatal as the initial save itself fails on the rename operation. A directory with no trailing dots is created; but Jaikoz fails to move the file at all and leaves the file marked as changed.

Based on a few simple tests; interleaving spaces and periods at the end of a file causes the same problem. It appears periods need to be treated as whitespace and trimmed off of the end of directory names.

Correcting the filename from tags does not have this issue as the “.mp3” file extension provides safety for trailing whitespace in the base filename.

Rather than corrupting my tags; it looks like I’ll have to temporarily use a pattern like “%H%Z%B-” to work around the issue.

Thanks,
Jeff

Thanks for the detailed information, I will try to get this problem fixed soon.