SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Rename Mask for Plex

Hello, as I am using more often the Plexamp app I thought it would be a good idea to rename my files and folders according to their recommendation.
The existing template does not follow exactly the recommended naming convention of Plex:

The problem I have here is the handling of multi-disc album, which is not covered in the existing mask.
Could someone give me support for creating the mask which follows exactly the recommended file structure?

One additional question: I just want to rename my files and folders. I don’t want to mess with the tags inside of the files. What is the recommended way to do this with Songkong?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi, okay if you go to Preferences, Edit the [ Plex Music Scanner ] AlbumArtist/Album/Track - Title rename mask and add

+ ifmultidisc(discno)

so you have

ifnotempty(albumartist,'/')
+ ifnotempty(album,'/')
+ ifmultidisc(discno)
+ ifnotempty(pad(trackno,2),' - ')
+ title

and select OK does that work as required, I think it should and I have raised an issue to address this

Currently the only way to rename files without modifying them is to modify the Fix Songs task so that Search for a MusicBrainz Match, Update from Discogs and Search for a Discogs Match options on the Match tab are disabled. For most users this will prevent matching and work but cannot eliminate every single possible change, there are a few modifications that could still occur.

In the new version of SongKong (due within the next two weeks) there will be a new Rename Files task to make this easy.

Plex rename mask is now fixed is now fixed in new version - SongKong 9.0 Drukqs released 11th of May 2023