SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Rename file from metadata not reading/applying "discno"

The current version of Jaikoz is failing to apply the “discno” variable when renaming files from metadata. I am using Jaikoz 8.4.1 on OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

For years, I’ve used Jaikoz to rename tracks from 2-CD sets using one of these masks:

This normally yields a result that looks like this:

2-03-TrackName.mp3

where 2 is the disc number, and 03 is the track number.

Currently, whenever I try to rename files with Jaikoz, using either mask, it ignores the “discno” variable, and usually ignores the hyphen that comes immediately after it as well.

I think it drops “discno” and the initial hyphen when renaming FLAC files, and includes it, sans “discno” for mp3 files, so the mp3s end up looking like this:
-03-Trackname.mp3

Is this a known bug that will be fixed in the next release?

Im not aware of such a problem, please send me your support files (Help:Create Support Files)

So I finally got around to following up on this. I figured I would try renaming some of my 2-disc sets one last time before generating support files. The mask was applied properly to the file names the first time I tried.

These were the same files, in the same folder, that I had tried to rename this way a half a dozen times over the course of a day or two, and it would never take. I have no idea what changed. I haven’t updated Jaikoz, and I’m not even sure I’ve restarted my computer since then.

I’ll post here again if the problem recurs, but for now it’s working.