SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Remove folders after deleting duplicates

soooo, based on my previous question I can tell you SK is not deleting the complete folder if other files than the music files are present in there.

I tested this with a music folder that contained the files (identified as dupes) and moved them to another folder instead of deleting them.

once the music files are moved, my initial folder contains : cover.jpg and a metadata folder created beforehand.

Is there a way to tell SK to completely delete the folder, even if there are remaining files, once its music files were removed ?

In worste case, I could create a script deleting folders if it do not find any flac files inside it, but I’d rather have a checkbox in SK allowing me to do this.

Okay, because you are only moving them rather than deleting them there is the chance that you may decide to put them back, so the logic is to not delete the folders. If you had actually deleted them then folders would be deleted if empty or if only contain the following files:

• Thumbs.db
  • desktop.ini
  • cddbinfo.txt
  • AMGReport.log

or image file types

• .jpg
  • .bmp
  • .gif
  • .jpeg
  • .pdf
  • .png

Maybe that disitinction is wrong, but that is the current logic ?

OK so this wont work as I do have an extra folder inside my album folders, containing json files (metadata).

Is it possible to tell SK, somehow, to also delete the content of this folder so it will be able to remove the full folder ? the metadata folder always has the same name.

But for now, I guess my best bet is to simply let SK make his job, and use a script that will delete all forlders that has no music files.

It would not be safe for me to simply delete a users subfolders regardless of what they contain by default, seems like may need an extra option that the user could select ?

100% agreed.

Indeed, that should be a user pick, based on his/her folder structure.

Okay moved this discussion to its own topic and raised an issue https://jthink.atlassian.net/browse/SONGKONG-2335

Cool, As I am not getting enough of Jira tickets in my actual job, I’ll jump on the one you created as well :wink:

Thanks for the support !