SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Reminder on upgrade on working system

Hi Paul,
It has been a while and I have forgotten all I did when I last used SK in anger but I see there have been a few upgrades, some relevant to classical genre.
I have a working Linux installation. Are there any does and don’ts and how do I upgrade my existing installation. I have the download but need to have the upgrade work with my desktop etc.

BTW I am still at last enjoying the benefits from purchasing SK and do not regret. Will point all friends in your direction.
Regards,
Budge

Hi, to update you simply download and reinstall over your existing installation. This will not overwrite your license or configuration as these are stored in different location.

There are not really any do or don’ts, we try and make SongKong fairly intuitive and I don’t know what version you are updating from,but with every release we hope to make SongKong easier to use and more robust.

Any recommendations you give is appreciated.

Hi Paul,
Running openSUSE Tumbleweed OS with KDE desktop. Minor issue with latest upgrade.

Not a big issue but I have been running v10.9 and received a prompt that an update 10.10.0 is available so I downloaded and installed over my present system, at least I thought this is what I have done. My problem is that when I start SK it seems that I am still running v10.9.
Am I missing something here?

Now released 11.0, have you tried installing that ?