SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Re: Manually inputting the MB Unique File Id Yourself?

Okay. So, even at a rating of 49% on the MusicBrainz settings, and doing manual match, nothing comes up for some songs. So, I decided to look up those songs myself. I started out by finding one and its corresponding MB Unique File Id and then typing it in (but, as a “wishlist item”, I would like it to be able to paste into that field, so that I don’t have to type it in myself), and then doing “update tags based on MB Id”, but nothing happened (and I DID double-check that I typed in the right Id). Why not?

Firstly have you tried running ‘Action/Remote Correct/Manual Correct tag From MusicBrainz’ this will return the best matches (upto 10 per song) and allow you to select which one you want, then it will populate the fields automtically for you. It ignores the percentage rating so unless your fields are completely wrong it should be able to find a musicBrainz match if one exists.

The reason ‘update tags based on MB Id’ is not working is because it doesnt know the record has a MB id. When you type in the Id directly into the field you are just entering the value, you also need to enter the description of ‘http://musicbrainz.org’ by opening the popup window for the field, it defaults to ‘Default’.

Now you may ask why do I have to bother doing this, isnt it always going to be musicbrainz ? The Unique Id Field maps to the ID3 UFID field, it comprises a description and a value, it is not specific to MusicBrainz and please remember Jaikoz is not an extension to MusicBrainz, it is a tagger that uses MusicBrainz and may additionally use other databases (such as foosic) in the future.

If you copied an already populated cell from another record it would copy both the description and the value, you could then manually enter the value.

It is intended to add another tab to the Edit Tab which wont be ID3 specific (in preparation for multiple format support) when this happens I will provided a ‘MusicBrainz Unique Id’ field so this problem will go away. The detail Pane to be added in the next release will also contain a MusicBRainz Unique Id field.

In Jaikoz 1.10 there is a MusicBrainz UniqueId Field in the MusicBrainz tab whereby you can enter the uniqueId without worrying about entering the description