SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Re-autocorrecting previously auto-corrected releases ends up with different results

3.9.0 beta - build 1087, Windows 7 64bit

Not a bug, but…

I auto-corrected a lot of releases.
They ended up with MB release IDs, artwork, etc. Saved them.

Then auto-corrected again.

The local correct re"corrected" them again, but the remote correct didn’t hapen because all of the tracks had a MB release ID, etc.

Would it make sense to skip the local title/artist/album correction when skipping the remote connection??

I’d imagine that it has worked the current way forever.

I see your point but it would be confusing if correcter behaviours changed from run to run. I suppose what you want is for local correct to only work on files without a Musicbrainz (Discogs) Id, maybe another option ?

Well, I guess I was thinking from the other point of view in that Auto-Correct isn’t doing the same thing both times…

If you ran the local correct by itself then yes, it should do what you asked. Only if it was run within the context of the auto-correct would it skip correcting it and then ONLY if the “skip correcting if MusicBrainz ID exists” (paraphrasing, can’t remember the exact option name) option was set. I was thinking of the same option that is there now, but could be different - “skip local correct if remote correct is skipped”? or “Local Correct only if Performing Remote Correction”.

Maybe it is because I kind of think of the local correct as the prep for the remote correct. Normalizing things so that it gets better hits. So why flip things around if you aren’t going to call the remote… I could be WAY off base, here, just saying how I’ve kind of thought of it.

Actually, I just noticed that it did something I didn’t expect, but was completely obvious upon reflection. The downside of the current way is that if you mess up and get two disk rip runs merged together you can’t auto-correct without having to go in and un-local correct all of the ones that got changed. From what I’ve seen this is usually the artist and title capitalization only so it isn’t too hard, but if you have 75 disks from the first run that you have to do it to it gets a bit tiring… (OK, and I never learn, either, I’ve managed to do this twice now…)

I do have to say that with the current version of Jaikoz it certainly is a lot easier re-ripping my entire collection than when I did it the first time. Almost everything is a perfect match to the correct version of the release the first time.

Thanks!!