SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Ratings from WMP change when opened in Jaikoz

I’ve just bought the standard version of Jaikoz. I have about 19,000 songs that I have rated in Windows Media Player over the years. I’ve used a utility to synch songs from WMP to an iPod Classic complete with Auto Playlists based on ratings. This is often difficult and so I have copied all the song files to an old laptop and installed iTunes to synch to the iPod (I don’t want iTunes on my everyday laptop.) Of course I then discovered that my ratings don’t show in iTunes. I had a play with Jaikoz and I can get the ratings from Jaikoz to the iTunes database by saving the files in Jaikoz with the appropriate preference settings.

My problem is that Jaikoz displays the ratings from WMP incorrectly. e.g. I have ratedin WMP all songs in an album as 2 star but when opened in Jaikoz they show as 4 star. They have never been rated as 4 star so I don’t think the files will contain multiple versions of ID3 tags for rating.

Also, if I haven’t made any changes to files in Jaikoz but then save some files will they update the iTunes database with their rating? Assuming I can get Jaikoz to show the correct rating in the first place.

Any ideas, thanks for any help,
Steve

Hi Steve

Yes ratings are a pain , but what you need to do is set the
Save:Compatability:Upload and Save Ratings option to Windows Media Player before you load your files, then once loaded change to iTunes before saving.

If you havent made any changes to a file in Jaikoz and you want to force a save use File:Force Save instead of Save this will then ensure that the latest file changes are propagated to iTunes

Thanks, Paul,

Sorry I’ve only just replied. I got an email notification of your reply but when I followed the link there was only my post and no reply. Just looked again today and your reply is now there.

Steve