SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Quits whenever it hits exactly 1200 songs

:?:
Seems very strange, I just did a fresh install of jaikos into a new install of xp SP3. Plenty of ram and processor now(4gb+quadcore intel)
I put in my license key.
I’ve tried rebooting, and I tried setting the memory available to jaikos to one gb(-jmax…)
nothing works to get it to stop doing that, it’s not the specific songs, because it does it on any set of folders.
EDIT: I have the corect version of java as well
java -version
java version “1.6.0_13”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_13-b03)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 11.3-b02, mixed mode, sharing)
Also, if I do manage to get it working, is there any way I can get it to use more of my processor/ram? it loads very slowly but is using around 5% of one core only as far as I can tell.

Please send your support files, this will give me more information about the cause of the problem AND let mr double check you have mamged to increase your memory.

The dev version of Jaikoz now utilizes more cpus for many tasks including loading files, wil be out within the month.

Where might I find the files you want?
Right now I removed the -jmax to see if that was causing it, so I’m running it without increased memory, still I am used to it getting to at least 5000 without issue even without the extra memory.

Send the zip file created by using the Advanced/Create SUpport FIles menu option.

Any updates?
I sent it to support@… as requested.

Did you send from the email address associated with this forum user and sent it to support AT jthink DOT net, coz I don’t seem to have received it

No to the first question, yes to the 2nd.

attached them here now

You are still using the default allocation of memory, as can be seen from this line in the console:

Jaikoz has been configured with minimum heap memory of 64 Mb, maximum heap memory of 396 Mb and maximum permanent memory of 64 Mb

OK, there is nothing in the logs to indicate an error, so I wonder if you getting a core dump, can you send me your console.log as well. The only times I have seen a core dump is when running Retireve Acoustic Ids, is this what you are doing ?

[quote=paultaylor]You are still using the default allocation of memory, as can be seen from this line in the console:

Jaikoz has been configured with minimum heap memory of 64 Mb, maximum heap memory of 396 Mb and maximum permanent memory of 64 Mb

OK, there is nothing in the logs to indicate an error, so I wonder if you getting a core dump, can you send me your console.log as well. The only times I have seen a core dump is when running Retireve Acoustic Ids, is this what you are doing ?
[/quote]
may i ask how to change those variables?

Its different for each OS, but it is the manual

e.g for Windows
http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/help/windows/help.html#MemoryManagement

i have tried this

C:\Program Files\Jthink\Jaikoz\jaikoz.exe" -Jmaxheap=512000000

but its still using the default memory

Hmm, try modifying Jaikoz.bat instead and running the Jaikoz.bat file instead of the Jaikoz.exe file.