SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Questions about jaikoz output: WARNING: Unable to retrieve an acoustic

Hi,
I am relatively new to jaikoz. I am getting a lot of repeated warning in my console and is not sure what they mean. I am trying to “Auto correct” a large library of mp3, mp4 from some very old records of a very specific genre (tango). I am seeing the following warning on nearly every submission to the server:

Oct 14, 2010 11:51:02 PM: WARNING: Unable to retrieve an acoustic id for song 3,950 file D:\…\07 Margo.mp3 because

what does mean? Is there a setting in jaikoz that I can change to get a match?

There is also a few of this one:
Oct 14, 2010 6:02:44 AM: SEVERE: There was a problem submitting a query to MusicBrainz for song 3,572 with filename 15 Papas Calientes.mp3: Error:400

What does Error:400 mean?

I tried searching the forum with some key words but didn’t find anything satisfactory, probably because of the quotes and equal signs. I hope this is not a stupid question.

Thanks

Wayne

Hi Wayne

Can you send me your support files please (Advanced/Create Support Files) so I may helo you

I think that genpuid is having problems with some of the filenames, can you try renaming a file that failed previously so that it contains no accents, and try again.

Not sure why this should suddenly be a problem is your volume with your Music being mounted from another computer, or using a different type of filesystem than the standard.

My music is stored on an external drive which I plug into the desktop or laptop depending on whether I am organizing or playing the music. It’s never mounted from another machine.

I can rename the filename but the directory names have accents and all kinds of weird names too.

The problem is that I am using iTunes as my music organizer and have about 20 playlists containing thousands of songs. If I change the filename or directory names these playlist becomes useless because they are basically pointers to files. I haven’t figured out a way to change filenames and locations while updating the itunes library files.

I think what I need is building a lookup table mapping old file path to new path so I can switch them back and forth. I am learning java and was going to use your /jaudiotagger API to make a little program that will do this. Figuring this shouldn’t be too hard.

If you have a better suggestion I’d love to hear it.

Thanks so much,

Wayne

Hi,
I was just saying try renaming one file just to confirm this is the problem I don’t know if it is until you do this because this kind of problem has only ever been reported on Windows, and there has been a workaround/fix for this for years.

All external drives are essentially the same, but then formatted with a filesystem such as Windows NTFS, WIndows FAT32 or Mac Extended. My suspicion is your hard-drive is formatted as FAT32, whereas if it was formatted as Mac Extended I don’t think you would have this problem. So if this is the case you could copy your music somewhere else, reformat your drive and then copy back.

Hi Paul,
I think the spanish characters in file path may indeed be the problem. I ran autocorrect on 8 files, 2 of which had funny names. Those 2 caused raised Warning.

I then renamed those to to numerical files like 6.mp3 and ran them again and this time the warnings are gone.

What’s the workaround for this you mentioned? Do you wan the support files again.

Wayne

Assuming your drive is currently formatted as FAT32 then if your drive is only used by Macs I think the correct solution is to reformat the hard disk using a Mac Extended partition rather than a Windows partition, then this problem will no longer exist

Actually I am on a Windows 7 machine and the drive is formatted NTFS.

Wayne

Maybe related with http://www.jthink.net/jaikozforum/posts/list/1554.page#6920

Im using w7x64

[quote=tangowayne]Actually I am on a Windows 7 machine and the drive is formatted NTFS.

Wayne[/quote]
Ah, sorry for some reason I though you were on a mac.
Right this is a known problem with genpuid, but there is already a workaround added into Jaikoz that temporariily renames problem files and then renames them back again, maybe its not capturing all cases, I’ll review it.

This sounds like related … I have some files that are still being “flagged” wait 24hrs. When temporary file is created is sended to AF db… but when is analysed audiofingerprint must be same… We ll hope in quick fix :slight_smile:

[quote=tangowayne]Actually I am on a Windows 7 machine and the drive is formatted NTFS.
[/quote]
Can you give me an example of a filename that was failing and now work when renamed because the logs dont show the accented characters properly (just show ?) and when I try just renaming a file to something like Ada Falc�n.mp3 it stills work flawlessly for me

Oct 19, 2010 10:46:57 PM: WARNING: Unable to retrieve an acoustic id for song 77 file D:\MP3\! NETLABELS\Archaic Horizon\AH012 - Wasted Magic in the Sound\03 - In Flight (Mmx).mp3, because this track cannot be analysed
Oct 19, 2010 10:47:02 PM: WARNING: Unable to retrieve an acoustic id for song 80 file D:\MP3\! NETLABELS\Archaic Horizon\AH012 - Wasted Magic in the Sound\06 - You Know That Place Well (mmx).mp3, because this track cannot be analysed
Oct 19, 2010 10:47:05 PM: WARNING: Unable to retrieve an acoustic id for song 83 file D:\MP3\! NETLABELS\Archaic Horizon\AH012 - Wasted Magic in the Sound\09 - Bel-Cyan (mmx).mp3, because this track cannot be analysed
Oct 19, 2010 10:47:10 PM: WARNING: Unable to retrieve an acoustic id for song 85 file D:\MP3\! NETLABELS\Archaic Horizon\AH012 - Wasted Magic in the Sound\11 - Millions of Images (Aeons mmx).mp3, because this track cannot be analysed
Oct 19, 2010 10:47:14 PM: WARNING: Unable to retrieve an acoustic id for song 86 file D:\MP3\! NETLABELS\Archaic Horizon\AH012 - Wasted Magic in the Sound\12 - A Distant Monarch (Milieu mix 4).mp3, because this track cannot be analysed
Oct 19, 2010 11:05:16 PM: WARNING: Unable to retrieve an acoustic id for song 120 file D:\MP3\! NETLABELS\Archaic Horizon\AH016 - Sun Burned Memories\02 - Raising an Ocean.mp3, because this track cannot be analysed
Oct 19, 2010 11:05:18 PM: WARNING: Unable to retrieve an acoustic id for song 121 file D:\MP3\! NETLABELS\Archaic Horizon\AH016 - Sun Burned Memories\03 - Carmine.mp3, because this track cannot be analysed
Oct 19, 2010 11:05:20 PM: WARNING: Unable to retrieve an acoustic id for song 122 file D:\MP3\! NETLABELS\Archaic Horizon\AH016 - Sun Burned Memories\04 - Nicole.mp3, because this track cannot be analysed
Oct 19, 2010 11:05:22 PM: WARNING: Unable to retrieve an acoustic id for song 124 file D:\MP3\! NETLABELS\Archaic Horizon\AH016 - Sun Burned Memories\06 - Rainbow Patch.mp3, because this track cannot be analysed
Oct 19, 2010 11:39:47 PM: WARNING: Unable to retrieve an acoustic id for song 265 file D:\MP3\! NETLABELS\Archaic Horizon\AH036 - Aeron EP\01 - The Man Who Tasted Shapes.mp3, because this track cannot be analysed
Oct 19, 2010 11:39:50 PM: WARNING: Unable to retrieve an acoustic id for song 266 file D:\MP3\! NETLABELS\Archaic Horizon\AH036 - Aeron EP\02 - Cantre’r Gwaelod.mp3, because this track cannot be analysed
Oct 19, 2010 11:39:53 PM: WARNING: Unable to retrieve an acoustic id for song 267 file D:\MP3\! NETLABELS\Archaic Horizon\AH036 - Aeron EP\03 - Aeons Close.mp3, because this track cannot be analysed
Oct 19, 2010 11:39:59 PM: WARNING: Unable to retrieve an acoustic id for song 268 file D:\MP3\! NETLABELS\Archaic Horizon\AH036 - Aeron EP\04 - Rain on the River.mp3, because this track cannot be analysed
Oct 19, 2010 11:40:04 PM: WARNING: Unable to retrieve an acoustic id for song 269 file D:\MP3\! NETLABELS\Archaic Horizon\AH036 - Aeron EP\05 - Afalau.mp3, because this track cannot be analysed

This is a different issue to what was originally posted on this thread, and your issue about waiting 24 hours.

There have always been some files that genpuid has been unable to analyse because of problems with the file encoding. Unfortunately as I do not write this code myself there is little I can do to fix it.

Yes. I have a name here “02 Cuatro L�grimas.m4a”. I put two copies of this song into a folder with their mp3 tag infos wiped out. I named one “02 Cuatro L�grimas” and the other “Cuatro Lagrimas” with no accents and ran jaikoz on it. jaikoz correctly found and tagged the non-accented one and couldn’t find the other. The log files looked like this:

Oct 21, 2010 11:21:45 PM: WARNING: Unable to retrieve an acoustic id for song 0 file D:\testjaikozID\02 Cuatro L?grimas.m4a because
Oct 21, 2010 11:21:47 PM: INFO: Task 10:Successfully matched 1 songs to the MusicBrainz Release 39cd5fe5-dff9-43d9-b690-d0177443946a with title Encuentro (Compilation)

Hi,
Anymore fix for this? Most of my songs have non-english characters in it’s name or path and renaming them all would be a huge hassel.

Thanks,