SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Question about the workflow

Hi,
I have a good music collection (mainly acappella) and would like to have it sorted automatically. I have all my songs in /root/Music and told SongKong to put all known songs and albums into /root/MusicSongKong/ and all unknown songs/albums to /root/MusicUnknown.

Now I have two problems:
a) the generated report is finished and I can read the summary, but when I try to browse nothing happens.
b) how can I now change the metadata from the unknown songs to add metadata so SongKong identifies these songs and put them in the right structure? when I use the “Edit Metadata” from SongKong itself, it shows the first 50 entries, I guess from /root/Music. Do I have to change the folder to /root/MusicUnknown/ and go from there?

and after I have edited: to I have to re-scan /root/Music or shall I create a Watchfolder to put the corrected songs into?

(or can I use the currently not correctly found songs with Jaikoz, edit there and re-feed them to SongKong?)

best regards, Hanno

Possible reasons why this could be the case are if you have Javascript disabled that will stop report displaying correctly, if using older version of SongKong with Safari on MacOS there was also an issue but that was a fixed a number of months ago.

If neither of these is the reason please post a screenshot so I can see what you mean.

Edit Metadata just works on a folder by folder basis, it is designed for fixing one album at a time. So you can specify a folder containing music files or if you just select the root folder it will use the first subfolder containing music files. For mass editing better to use Jaikoz.

SongKong’s speciality is automatic matching not manual editing. However not all songs will be in MusicBrainz/Discogs so that may be the reason it is not finding them.