SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

question about musicbrainz matching

I noticed on most of my albums that I have, jaikoz is either able to fully match an album to musicbrainz or it will not find the release when using autocorrect. Which I expect. However it seems on rare occasion that jaikoz will match an album to a release, but yet when i do a report for missing tracks, it will show that there are some tracks missing. I can then go look up the mbid manually for the release and tell jaikoz to use the mbid for that release. This seems to fix it as the reporter then shows all tracks are then accounted for and none are missing.

Most of my track numbers are padded with 0’s so there are always 2 characters. ie 01, 02, 03, etc. The strange thing I noticed was on these tracks that don’t get fully matched, that they are on the albums that I haven’t fixed the padding for on the track numbers, and are tagged as 1, 2, 3, etc.

Not sure if this is a bug, or just a strange coincidence that I am seeing. But thought I would bring it to your attention in case there is something to this pattern. Been working on updating all my tracks with mbids, so really putting jaikoz through its paces :slight_smile:

Have you seen this before?

Did some more research into this. This issue appears to be on some of my tracks that already had music brainz info in them. This would have been added a while back with picard. Looks like picard at that time had some issues. Deleting the info and letting jaikoz do its thing fixed the issue.

Please disregard this issue as it appears to be, or have been an issue with picard.