SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Program freezes and saving the 4 digit year.

I am trying to fix about 25,000 MP3’s that I have collected over the years. The program randomly freezes, I can’t pin point why. I am also unable to change from the 00-00-0000 date format to the 0000 year format. I have changed it in the preferences, it is not making a difference in the file saving.

I am using Windows 7 x64 16gb RAM.

Jaikoz can only use the memory that has been allocated to it, by default this is 800MB, so it doesnt have access to the other 15GB you have. So I expect you havent modified the memory settings please see:

http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/jsp/help/windows/help.html#MemoryManagement

You can check you have done it correctly easily, when you start Jaikoz the Jaikoz Console Window says something like

Nov 29, 2011 1:11:05 PM: INFO: Jaikoz has been configured with minimum heap memory of 150 mb, maximum heap memory of 795 mb and maximum permanent memory of 216 mb

The Preferences/Local Correct/Year Correct/What should the Year contain option defines what running Local Correct Year will do, so you need to make sure you run this before saving your songs. Your songs will be saved with whatever is displayed on screen.
on startup, you should expect maximum heap memory to be about the same as the new figure you have set.