SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

problems with jaikoz 3.3.3

:frowning: hello everytime i try to start jaikoz i keep getting this error message (problem with settings.jai file - premature end of file) and cant log on.
also when i try to copy and paste the info from discogs it wont let me paste to the correct area. help plz. im using macbook core duo with snow leopard :cry:

Just delete Preferences : Library : Jaikoz : settings.jai
Restart Jaikoz
it should now start ok

More info on the discogs error please

thanks for the quick response. did what you told me to delete and its working. as far as the discog problem, when i purchased and started using jaikoz 3-4 versions ago i was able to copy the info from discogs and paste it to jaikoz but not it wont let me do that. i been having to drag the info from discogs and drop it to jaikoz. was wondering if there was a way i could get it to where i could copy and paste again. made things easier when was gettin the info for more than 30-40 songs

I cant reproduce the Discogs problem, could you spell out exaclty what you are copying and where you are pasting it to. Also did this problem just start happening, or start happening after upgrading Jaikoz or OSX.

funny started happening right after i upgraded to leopard and when i upgraded to snow leopard its still the same.
the problem is when i copy the url from discogs i would paste it to release discogs url then i would update the tags but not i cant copy and paste and am having to drag the url to the area i was pasting it to. hope that is what you meant when you said spell it out.lol.

Hmm, well I don’t get this problem (running on Snow Leopard), this is what I do just in case it differs from what you do.

Open a Discogs Webpage in Safari
Copy Url
Click on a Release Discogs Url field in Jaikoz main edit window
Select Paste

… and it works fine

Hmm, well I don’t get this problem (running on Snow Leopard), this is what I do just in case it differs from what you do.

Open a Discogs Webpage in Safari
Copy Url
Click on a Release Discogs Url field in Jaikoz main edit window
Select Paste

… and it works fine

Ok i do the same thing, and it wont let me paste it on the release discogs url field, i even tried using firefox and its the same. i can copy and paste it anywhere but not in any field on jaikoz

Anyone else getting this happening

Hi Paul,

I just stumbled upon your program via a google search. I’m running Snow Leopard 10.62 and am not able to install. When I try to open the .dmg, nothing happens. What do I need to do to install? Thanks for any help.

David

The dmg conatins Jaikoz.app which you just double click to start, if it is isnt please have a look at your Console.log and System.log in the Console App to see if it is reporting an error