SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Problems submitting query to Musicbrainz

Before upgrading to 2.5.1 (on Windows XP), I began getting null warnings when trying to run Autocorrect. At the final fault, it renamed one of my mp3s as a temp file before crashing.
After installing the new version, it’s still having trouble. In the console, I get this message:

Aug 8, 2008 7:06:06 PM: SEVERE: There was a problem submitting a query to MusicBrainz for Record Number 0 with filename temp33148.mp3: null

Any ideas?

I am getting this for a lot of entries, but don’t see the null part of the message. It’s happening on plain mp3 files for me. And these aren’t strange tracks. For example, on mainstream U2 releases I get it.

From the log:
[size=9]

09/08/2008 09.55.26:com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.ManualCorrectFromMusicBrainz$WorkerReadThread:analyse:SEVERE: There was a problem submitting a query to MusicBrainz for Record Number 26 with filename U2-Rattle And Hum-08-Silver And Gold Live.mp3: {2}
java.lang.NullPointerException
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.MusicBrainzRESTQuery.calculateUnnormalisedNumberOfTracksInAlbum(MusicBrainzRESTQuery.java:1707)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.MusicBrainzRESTQuery.calculateUnnormalisedAlbum(MusicBrainzRESTQuery.java:1813)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.MusicBrainzRESTQuery.calculateUnnormalisedScore(MusicBrainzRESTQuery.java:2067)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.musicbrainzhelper.TrackWithUnnormalizationScore.<init>(TrackWithUnnormalizationScore.java:24)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.ManualCorrectFromMusicBrainz$WorkerReadThread.analyse(ManualCorrectFromMusicBrainz.java:354)
\tat com.jthink.jaikoz.manipulate.ManualCorrectFromMusicBrainz$WorkerThread.run(ManualCorrectFromMusicBrainz.java:290)

[/size]

For some unknown reason, I completely botched my other login. SIGH. It’s just not my day. Anyway, this is working for mainstream releases for me, too… and which it chooses to do or not do seems to be pretty random.

I’m wondering if it might have to do with the server work over at Musicbrainz, but I don’t know. It’s just very frustrating. This program is wonderful for me, usually.

Smoke:your original problem weas fixed in 2.5.0, but I think you and Focher are hitting a new problem as a sideeffect of something changed in 2.5.1, Im going to issue a 2.5.2 release just to fix this one issue tomorrow.

Thank you very much for your hard work.

Its out - jaikoz 2.5.2 please upgrade.

Works fine now. Thanks for the always fast response.