SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Problem with 2.8.0 over network with Leopard 10.5.6

I have been using Jaikoz on the OS X Leopard for some time without problems (thanks!). I have most of my music sitting on an Infrant NAS device and have successfully used Jaikoz to correct tags on files stored on the NAS. I access the NAS using AFP. The version of Java being used is J2SE 5.0

I recently upgraded to 2.8.0 and at around the same time upgraded my Leopard to 10.5.6. Since the upgrades when I attempt to save changes made in Jaikoz to the files on the NAS Jaikoz hangs and crashes the Finder. When Jaikoz hangs it hangs with the blue “spinning ball” cursor. Finder is shown as “Not Responding” in Activity Monitor. I have to hard reset the computer to get it to work again. Force quitting Jaikoz and/or Finder does not work. Perusing the logs has not shed any light on what’s going on.

I have tried tagging the same files on a local disk and there are no problems (i.e. copying a directory of music from the NAS to the local hard drive). Sometimes saving one or two tagged files to the NAS works, however when there are more than a few changes a crash seems to happen every time.

I’d love figure this problem out and am happy to provide debug info that I can.

Many thanks.

Well in the first instance send me your files using Action/Create Support Files but it sound sto me to be more likely to be caused by the Leopard upgrade than the Jaikoz upgrade. I think there are some permissions issues with some NAS devices but I havent been able to pin them down.