SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

"Problem updating itunes" Error

I am a new user of Jaikoz. I am running new release 9.1.0.

I am unsuccessfully trying to use Jaikoz on my Windows 7 machine to find and store missing artist and album names for my iTunes library of some 2000 songs. From the forum replies, I tried checking the “Auto update itunes library” preference in Jaikoz. I also disabled “Keep iTunes music folders organized” in my iTunes version 11.0 Advanced preferences. I loaded 27 random songs, and to my amazement, all 27 were found with artist & album info and more! My only problem is, when I click on Save Changes, I get an error message “Problem updating itunes”. Can you suggest some additional steps I can take to solve this so I can proceed with the remaining songs? Thank you!!

Hi Dan

Unfortunately the API provided by iTunes is a bit flaky, so we sometimes run into problems. Is it a standard iTunes library in the standard location or have you made any adjustsments, also ensure that if you are running 64bit Jaikoz you are also using 64bit iTunes and that you close iTunes before starting Jaikoz.

If none of that works you can send me your support files by emailing the file created using Advanced:Create Support Files

Having said all that if your files are already in iTunes and you are not renaming your songs the api is just doing an autorefresh so you could just

1. Disable Auto Update iTunes Library
  2. Save Changes
  3. Within iTunes go to song view
  4. Select all songs
  5. Right click and select Get Info to update all your songs with the changes made by Jaikoz.

Hello Paul,
I emailed you the support files on 3 January, but have not received a response. I followed all your suggestions (disable Autoupdate, etc) but when I “Get Info” for all the selected songs, then OK, nothing appears to happen. In iTunes, the songs still lack artist, album and all the rest of the metadata.

In the meantime, I decided my particular desktop may be the problem. I obtained a different desktop running Window 7 Pro, installed 64 bit iTunes 11.4, installed Jaikoz 64 bit, and moved my Music file of about 2000 songs in .wav format (file size about 95 GB) to the hard drive. Got the same performance as the former computer. I noticed the hard drive was now filled almost to capacity so I spent a day migrating the OS from the hard drive to a new, larger capacity drive. Then, I opened Jaikoz ,and Auto Corrected them. With Autoupdate ON, I saved changes but got the error “Problem updating itunes.” If I then follow your earlier suggestions and disable Autoupdate, etc., in the Get Info window, nothing happens when I click OK. Not a single artist or album appears in iTunes for any of the 2000 songs.
Do you want the support files from the new computer? I am getting pretty frustrated! What do you suggest? Thank you!

Dan

Sorry Im not sure what is causing your issue but to be clear if you are starting with an empty iTunes library why dont just uncheck the iTunes option, fix your songs in SongKong and then once done simply add the songs to iTunes.

The SongKong iTunes integration is simply a way to keep iTunes informed when changes are made outside of iTunes but it doesnt offer any other functionality.

Paul,

Thanks for the SongKong suggestion. I downloaded the trial version and it appeared to match almost all of my 2000 songs.

Is it possible to exchange my Jaikoz license for a SongKong license? It looks like this would solve my problems getting my updated songs into iTunes. Thanks for your consideration and help!!

Dan Gollnick

Sorry Dan what I said applies to Jaikoz and SongKong, but as you have just purchased if you want to swap Jaikoz for SongKong anyway you can, please confirm.