SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Problem saving metadata with 9.3 on mac

Seems to be a bad bug with the new release. Saving metadata is not saving all changes. Frustrating. Luckily I had an older version 9.1 that I could revert back to. That one doesn’t have this issue. Is there a way I can download version 9.2 again as I wasn’t having these issues with that one either?

Hmm, is this updating to 9.3.0, what file format are you using, please email support files.

Hi Paul, was mostly using m4a files. I was able to deduce how to pull down version 9.2 from an older post so I’ve reverted to that for now. Thanks

Okay, but could you please email me your support files (Help:Create Support Files) since I cannot currently reproduce this error you are having and I need to get to the the bottom of it.

(Even though you have downloaded to 9.2.0 the logs should remain valid).

Right okay, there does seem to be a problem saving AlbumArtist for Flac and Mp4 formats, have not worked out why yet.

Okay classic example of doing a minor change and wreaking havoc, there are about 10 metadata fields that are not being saved for non ID3 formats (e.g Flac, Mp4, Ogg,Wma).

Sorry about that, I will fix and update server with a replacement version of Jaikoz 9.3.0 later today.

[quote=paultaylor]Okay classic example of doing a minor change and wreaking havoc, there are about 10 metadata fields that are not being saved for non ID3 formats (e.g Flac, Mp4, Ogg,Wma).

Sorry about that, I will fix and update server with a replacement version of Jaikoz 9.3.0 later today.[/quote]

As usual, you’re the best Paul! Thanks for being so proactive on this. That was the same behavior I was seeing.

Its fixed, if you would like to download 93.0 again/install and retry before I announce that would be helpful.

Won’t be for another few hrs. At work. Thanks Paul

Seems to be working ok now. I’ll let you know if I find otherwise. Thanks again!

Glad I finally found this (old) thread… Been having the same issues forever and had no idea what to do (until today when I decided to finally figure out what’s wrong.).

Downloading the updated 9.3.0 now to see if it fixes the issue