SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Problem opening folder?

I am using 2.6.1 on a mac pro and I am having some issues. I have all of my music on a second drive in a folder, “Music”. I ripped all of my cd’s with Max 8.1., which puts tracks into the a folder with the artist name. Most of the files are aiff, mpeg4 or flac. Yesterday I added all of the contents, subfolders, to itunes 8. I did not have it make copies instead I pointed itunes to the Music folder on the second hard drive. Prior to doing this there where some albums that had unknown tracks, but all of the folders, albums, had the artist names. After adding my files to itunes I ended up with a folder labeled “Unknown Album”, which has 3,949 tracks, but no artists names. Also, itunes put this “Unknown Album” folder inside a folder labeled “unknown artist”. In this folder there are 5 other folders, besides the “Unknown Album”, but all of those folders have the artist name. So I thought that I could open this “Unknown Album” folder in Jaikoz and get the artist names for all of those tracks. When I try and open that folder I get an window that pops up and says “the following audio files are not recognized as audio…” There are only 4 files listed in that window and after I click ok the edit window only has 18 tracks. After running auto correct I can see that none of these songs are even in the “Unknown Album” folder. If I select any other folder it works like it is suppose to. Any ideas

Jaikoz doesnt support .aiff files, once agian this will be clearer when you send me your support files.

That’s a real bummer since around half of my files are aiff. So do you know of anyway to fix the issue I am having? I have thousands of tracks with no idea of who the artist is.

Thanks,
Steve

[quote=speters]That’s a real bummer since around half of my files are aiff. So do you know of anyway to fix the issue I am having? I have thousands of tracks with no idea of who the artist is.

Thanks,
Steve[/quote]
AIFF maybe supported eventually but not anu time soon. If you coverted to another lossless format such as Apple Lossless or Flac though then the files could be processed and identified by Jaikoz