SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Problem Loading MP3's in WMP After Saving ID3v2.3 Tags

Hi,

I have noticed Windows Media Player 11 (WMP) truncates the “Title” and “Ablum” fields when I add MP3’s. It’s seems that WMP doesn’t read ID3v2.4 tags so it falls back and reads ID3v1.1 which only has 30 charactures. It can however read version ID3v2.3.

Here is where the problem is in Jailoz v1.11.1. If I save the MP3’s with version ID3v2.3 serveral things happen. First nothing happens. I have to closed the program, then load the files again, over 5000, then save the files. There should be some way to update the version of the tags and not have to reload all the files. When “Save Changes” is selected only the fields that have been edited change! In some cases I have to run my mouse over the saved fields for the text to change. There is something with the screen refresh or update that changed in this version of Jailoz.

The second thing that happens is WMP imports the MP3’s at version ID3v2.3 now, but there is no "album information or “track #” everything is listed in the title field as though it imported the files using the filename. I tried saving the files using version ID3v2.2 in Jailoz also. The same thing happens, all fields are populated under the “Title.” I also can’t play the files. WMP complains about the file type.

So there is something happening when saving files to ID3v2.3. Should I delete all the tags and start over? Maybe something with version ID3v2.4 still hanging around? Aren’t most ID3v2.3 and ID3v2.4 fields the same?

James

Hi, you can do ‘Force Save’ to save all files whether they have changed or not, ‘Save Changes’ will save files where either there data has changed or the tag version has changed. Are you saying the changes are not taking effect or simply that the screen is not changing previously changed fields to unchanged to show that they have been saved. I think there may be a screen refresh problem but I have only seen it for the ocasional field, not all fields, does the problem correct itself if you minimize the window and reopen it. please send me a screenshot and a bit more explanation.

Ive not seen anything like this, please send me a file with this behaviour.