SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

potential customer with suggestions

First of all, the demo you have of the program goes by way too fast.
I think you should slow it down, or better yet turn it into a video that you can link to youtube or whatever so someone can pause it and replay it, etc. It goes by so fast I really couldn’t get a handle on what was going on.

Secondly, tagging only 20 files with it does not give me an idea of how it works.

I can understand you don’t want people tagging their whole collection but there should be a way of testing it with various files and batch files (at least a batch of 100 or so…) before buying.

I am very interested in buying it but after messing wtih musicbrainz’ Picard I can see how difficult this tagging business can be, and I would hate to buy it only to find it’s just as difficult and messy to use as Picard is.

So my suggestion would be that you somehow allow someone to try the program, test it more thoroughly, before buying it. I have seen on forums where other people also have commented they won’t buy Jaikoz because they can’t test it sufficiently before buying it. I wonder if there is a way you could make it so that someone could see it do it’s thing, matching and creating the tags, but just disable it from CREATING or ADDING the tags to the files. That way one could really test it out but you wouldn’t have to worry about the issue of them going ahead and tagging all their files and then not buying it.

Just some ideas.

Seems like you have a good program but I really don’t know. Like with Picard, at first it worked very easily, like a dream… but then I ran into exceptions and found it very difficult to deal with those exceptions…

[quote=jimsocal]First of all, the demo you have of the program goes by way too fast. I think you should slow it down, or better yet turn it into a video
[/quote]
Yes, you are right I will look into this.

Actually the only think you can’t do is save the changes to more than 20 files. You can tag your whole collection, and try out any of the functions so I dont see that it is that restrictive.

yes, this is what you can do already - have you actually treied tagging lots of files.

[quote=jimsocal]
Seems like you have a good program but I really don’t know. Like with Picard, at first it worked very easily, like a dream… but then I ran into exceptions and found it very difficult to deal with those exceptions…[/quote]
I think jaikoz is easier to use than Picard because it works track by track, and doesn’t to anything unless you explicity ask it whereas Picards interface is more like ‘black magic’ , but in fairness to Picard no program is ever going to be able to correct 100% of your files - there will always be some exceptions

[quote=paultaylor][quote=jimsocal]First of all, the demo you have of the program goes by way too fast. I think you should slow it down, or better yet turn it into a video
[/quote]
Yes, you are right I will look into this.

Actually the only think you can’t do is save the changes to more than 20 files. You can tag your whole collection, and try out any of the functions so I dont see that it is that restrictive.

yes, this is what you can do already - have you actually treied tagging lots of files.

Thank you for clarifying the point about being able to try out the program on many files, but only being able to SAVE 20 files. Maybe you should make that clearer in your product demo description? Or did I just not read it carefully?

Anyway, I appreciate your quick answer and I’m having trouble with Picard so I’m going to give your program a shot today.

By the way, if you can just take the “video” or animation you have and transfer it to an .avi or something, then you can just join youtube and post it there and put a link to it. That would be a lot better for people to see it at their own pace and stop and rewind etc. In fact you can embed the video right on your own web site.

When Picard works - like on a very common album - it is great and for free I can’t really complain. But I have over 100gigs of mp3’s and flac’s and wav’s to tag and I can see that it will take me ages to do it with Picard.