SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Possible to restore data after freeze?

Jaikoz froze reporting an error while saving edited music files. I couldn’t get back to the 900 files that were updated. Is there anyway to retrieve this info. ? If so how?

If there is no way than I guess that would be a suggestion to write info. to disk every 15 minutes or so. This would give one at least a good part of the hours of work recoverable in case of some error or accident.

thanks,

Loren7

[quote=loren7]Jaikoz froze reporting an error while saving edited music files. I couldn’t get back to the 900 files that were updated. Is there anyway to retrieve this info. ? If so how?

If there is no way than I guess that would be a suggestion to write info. to disk every 15 minutes or so. This would give one at least a good part of the hours of work recoverable in case of some error or accident.

thanks,

Loren7[/quote]
No sorry, if the chnages werent saved they ar elost. When you say write info to disk every 15 minutes do you mean write to the actual files or write pending changes to somewhere else. The first option would be very simple to do but I don’t want o make changes before they are checked by you because Jaikoz/Musicbrainz doesnt always get it right, the 2nd option is possible but more difficult to do.

Could you send me your log files using Action/Create Support Files so I can investigate why it froze in the first place - because really this is the crux of the problem and shouldn’t be happening.