SongKong Jaikoz

SongKong and Jaikoz Music Tagger Community Forum

Picky/Inconsistent Discogs matching

I’ve noticed some issues with Discogs matching on Jaikoz in OSX. I’m wondering if the behavior is intended:

• “AutoCorrect from Discogs” usually fails on group selections, but works with individual selections.

With groups 9/10 times I see errors “release requires X tracks, but has Y” even if “only match complete releases” is disabled. The function is much more reliable if one one track is selected.

It seems like Discogs is hardwired to only match releases. I prefer individual Discogs matches since I primarily use Discogs for track-by-track Genre / Style info.

• “Match to one Discogs Release” seems to match more reliably than “Correct Metadata from Discogs”. If an album selection does not match with “correct”, I’ll try again with “match” and often (%50) get matches.

So it seems like Jaikoz isn’t grouping tracks properly during autocorrect.

Thoughts?

Discogs match is release based, so it does tend to reject matches which don’t have enough songs to match the song grouping you have, but I cant remember exactly how it works. Within Jaikoz Discogs is used the majority of the time when songs have been matched to a MusicBrainz release and that MusicBrainz release has been matched to a Discogs release. Usually only a small percentage of a users songs are not in MusicBrainz, but can be found in Discogs.

Yes because the Discogs API only allow you to lookup artist, labels and releases. There is no method to lookup individual tracks, neither can any kind of acoustid matching be done. And actually Discogs only allows styles, genres to be assigned to an album not individual tracks anyway.

Well yes it is because here you are telling Jaikoz what the grouping is, whereas with autocorrect Jaikoz is having to guess the correct grouping. But if course you can only match one album at a time with this method.
[/quote]

[quote=paultaylor][quote=rovertag]
With groups 9/10 times I see errors “release requires X tracks, but has Y” even if “only match complete releases” is disabled. The function is much more reliable if one one track is selected.
[/quote]
Usually only a small percentage of a users songs are not in MusicBrainz, but can be found in Discogs.

[/quote][/quote]

That’s about %20 of my library. I must have odd taste in music :slight_smile:

So could a “track-by-track” (non-grouped) option be added to the autocorrector?

-t

Not really because you cant really do track by track matching against Discogs. Well you can sort of do it but the end result is that Jaikoz spends alot of additional time trying to match without getting many more matches.